Chapter 11

"Y-you want me to move to ca-California?" She stuttered.

Half way across the country. Cameron wanted her to uproot her whole entire life and move that far. Part of her wanted to be angry, and infuriated with him that he could ask such a question, but she also was ecstatic that he had wanted her to.

"Yeah", he said softly," I want you to move to California with me. Live in my apartment with me. Get away from of all of this."

He gave her his best smile, and began to beg her.

"Please please pleaseeeee", he pleaded.

She couldn't help but laugh. "Cameron.." She started

"PLEASSSEEEEE, will you?"

"Yes Cameron, I will move to California with you."

She leaned down and kissed his forehead.

"When?" She asked.

"As soon as I get out of this hospital. We will fly back to L.A. with all of our stuff. Me and you."

she kissed his forehead again and walked out. Kirsten didn't have to tell him were she was going. He knew. She didn't know if she had impulsively agreed to move in with him because of Jacob, or if this was what she really wanted. All she knew is that she wanted to get away, and Cameron was her perfect paradise.

When she made it home, she walked inside to find Jacob sitting at the bar. She decided it would be best if she didn't speak to him. He glared at her, and then glared back to the drink in his hand.

Kirsten knew it wasn't right. She walked over to him to tell him about her new life plan.

"Jacob.." She said,"I'm giving you the house."

"What?" He said angrily.

"I said I'm giving you the house. I'm moving. To California with Cameron.."

"Oh give me a break. You're only doing it because you feel sorry for him." He spat.

"You know what, fine. If you want the house keep it, if you don't sell it, I'm moving either way and you're not stopping me."

Kirsten walked away from him and upstairs to her room to start packing her things. She emptied all of her drawers just as Cameron had done the night he walked out. She cleaned Out her bathroom, and cleared the walls of the picture frames. She lastly placed a picture of her and Jacob into her bag on the very top. She ran her fingers over the picture remembering back to when they were happy.

Jacob was still her brother, and she would always miss him no matter what he done. She closed her last suitcase and started dragging everything downstairs. When she made it to the bottom with all of her things, she turned to face Jacob, just as Cameron did so to her the night he left.

"Goodbye Jacob, I love you."

And then she was gone.

A day or so passed and Cameron was released from the hospital. He drove himself and Kirsten to the airport.

She had the Window down, feeling the February wind on her skin. It was chilly but not cold. She knew this would probably be the last time she stepped foot in Mississippi. Part of her didn't plan on coming back.