Chapter 7

The bed felt empty.
And cold.

For the last two weeks, Kirsten had shared a bed with Cameron. She loved waking up to him every morning, feeling his warmth, and listening to his heartbeat.

He was going to be gone for 2 weeks though, so she decided she might as well get used to it. Today was the day her letter from Cameron was going to arrive.

She loved that they wrote letters to each other. It was like "their thing". Something they did that no one could take away from them.

She ran to the mailbox, and pulled out an envelope with her name on it. She tore it open, and began to read It.

My dearest Kirsten,

My heart is aching. I miss you so much already, and it's only been 2 days. A whole 48 hours without each other. Can you believe it?

I'm going to moms tomorrow. I'm going to apologize like you said. I'm going to fix things, and when I do I will fly you out here to meet my family. I know they will love you, almost as much as I do.

But for now, I'm going to my apartment, where I will retire my day with sleep. Hopefully I dream of you. I miss and love you sweetheart.

Always & forever, writing letters,

Cameron Dallas

Kirsten placed the letter back in her envelope. Her heart was bursting with joy to read her new letter. For some reason she couldn't wipe the smile off her face until she saw Jacob.

"What's that?" He asked.

She looked down in her hands, where she held the letter. She stuck it in her pocket.

"It's a letter, from cam."

Jacob rolled his eyes ,"obviously Kirsten, he doesn't love you, I mean lets be real."

"Jacob. You don't know that. You don't know him like I do so back off."

He began to laugh uncontrollably. Kirsten's cheeks turned a very bright red, and it took everything she had not to cry out of anger. She tightly curled her fists up, walked past him, and back into her room.

It really bothered her that Jacob had something out for Cameron. What had Cameron done to make Jacob hate him so much?

Kirsten tried not to think too much of it. She pulled the envelope out of her pocket, and tacked it to her memory board, along with her other letters.
She began thinking to herself and her thoughts began to run amuck. The only thought that she could clearly get through to herself, was repetitive over and over again.

'I wish you were here Cameron.'

                         ❁

Los Angeles, California

Cameron was exhausted. His flight was unbearable. The whole flight consisted of a boy kicking the back of his seat, and a slutty attendant who refused to leave him alone. He wanted nothing more than to be in that bed, and that's where he was.

Cameron had also written his letter to Kirsten on the plane. He mailed it to her as soon as he landed at LAX airport.

He too longed for the warmth of her touch, and to have her there in the mornings to wake up to.

He walked into his apartment and slammed his stuff down near the door.
It was quiet. The apartment was just the way he left it.
Dirty dishes in the sink, his clothes everywhere, his bed unmade.

Though he didn't really feel at home, he couldn't resist but to lie down in his own bed for the first time in 2 weeks.

Before he knew it, he drifted on into a blissful sleep.