Chapter 14

"I knew letting you move out  was a terrible idea." Gina shook her head in disappointment, not even able to look at Cameron.

"Mom it-"

She cut him off. "Cameron you should've known better. You should've known. Letting you move in on your own was a mistake."

"mo-"

"You should move back in with me. We will sell the apartment."

Cameron rolled his eyes and took a deep breath.

"MOM WE HAD SEX IN YOUR HOUSE." He yelled.

Her eyes went from sadly disappointed, to widely mad. She glared at Cameron.

"You mean.. You and her?.." She stopped. "I can't believe this Cameron. You are so much better than this."

"Better than what? What if I want a child. Am I not good enough for you to do that?" He snapped.

"Just get out. Get out, and leave. And don't come back."

His mom with all the dignity she had, stood tall, and walked out the door.

"Damn it." He yelled while slinging a glass cup onto the floor. The shards busted and went everywhere. Kirsten jumped, and became afraid. She quickly got up, grabbed a dustpan and began picking up the pieces.

"Kirsten.." He said bending down to help her,"please don't worry about this, I'll clean it up I'm so sorry."

Kirsten didn't speak, she remained bent down cleaning up the glass off of the floor.

"Kirsten.." He said again.

She dropped the pieces and fell flat on the floor crying.

"This is all my fault. This is all my fault Cameron." She cried.

He stood up and walked over to her, sat down, and pulled her into his arms.

"Hey, you and me okay? You and me." He said.

He kissed her forehead, and pulled her into his chest, and for a long time he lay there rocking her back and forth. Both of them Just enjoying each other's company.

But deep down Cameron had no idea what they were going to do. He had never raised a child before. He decided it would be best to just stay strong for Kirsten. She needed it the most.

Cameron picked Kirsten up to her feet and carried her to the couch.

"Movie night and Icecream?" He said.

Kirsten nodded. He always knew exactly what to do. He walked by behind the the couch and kissed her cheek.

"I'll be back in 5. Love you." He shouted as he walked through the door.

Kirsten smiled. Knowing that Cameron would always be there to look after her would always be her favorite thing.

She had the idea to call Gina and try and make things right with her while he was gone.

"Hello?" Gina answered. Her frail voice sounded like she had been crying.

"Mrs. Dallas, it's Kirsten. I'm just calling to apologize. From me, and Cameron. I don't want you to be upset with him. He just got to where he was okay, and he was happy. I also want you to be apart of this child's life. It is your grandchild after all, and none of my family is around to be able to deal with that."

Gina was silent momentarily. She then spoke up. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. It's just that, he's my last baby to leave the nest, and now he's going to be a father. They grow up too fast, and quite frankly I'm just not ready."

Kirsten could hear the sadness in her voice, and she wanted more than anything to be able to hug her.

"I see where you're coming from. I just hope you can accept us, and this baby."

"Well of course I will silly.. After all like you said, it is my grandchild."

Kirsten smiled. Maybe she could keep things good between them now.

"Cameron will be here any minute, I'll talk to you later? Sound good?" Kirsten said casually.

"Yes dear. Goodnight." She said peacefully.

Kirsten had made her peace with Gina. That's all that mattered to her. It made her feel a little more comfortable to know that the baby would have a grandmother and an aunt in it's life.

The door suddenly started rattling. It didn't sound like Cameron. Loud beating was coming from the door.

She heard a loud yell, and sneakily went to the peephole to look out. It was Cameron, he had been slammed against the door.

She quickly opened the door, and he fell straight onto her.

"CAMERON OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED." She screamed.

"I-i don't know I was just trying to unlock the door... And I just.. Someone came up from behind me."

He was out of breath and beat to hell and back. Inside the bag on his arm was a letter. Ironic.

Dear Kirsten,

This is what you wanted. You wanted me to take care of the problem and here I am.

I'm here in Los Angeles watching Cameron's every move. Just be glad I didn't have my knife with me, or he would've been left with a lot more than a few cuts and bruises.

Maybe next time you'll think before calling, to tell me you're pregnant.

Sincerely, your worst nightmare,

Jacob Whitesides

P.S. Involve the cops and I'll kill all 3 of you.

Her heart stopped. She had also suddenly forgot about Cameron, and when her senses returned she grabbed him and helped him into the bathroom where she helped him sit on the counter.

Cameron, now fully aware of what had just happened, was confused on why someone had jumped him.

Kirsten grabbed a rag, wet it, and began to wipe the blood from his lip.

"Damn it. I just got my face fixed." He said trying to make her laugh.

But she didn't. She stopped momentarily and looked him in the eyes.

"Cameron I know who did this to you.." She whispered.

He cocked his head, looking confused. "What? How do you know who did it?"

"It was Jacob.. He left a note in the bag.."

Kirsten reached into the bag of Icecream, and redbox movies and grabbed the letter. She handed it to Cameron allowing him to read it while she cleaned his face up more.

He read the letter with a serious tone on his face.

"Well we need to call the cops." He said.

"Cameron! He said don't involve cops or he'll kill all of us.."

"Well what am I supposed to do? Let him harass us until he eventually kills me?" Cameron became seriously concerned. Not for just Kirsten and the baby, but also himself.

"Cameron he's my brother.."

"And you're my girlfriend." He retaliated.

"carrying MY baby."

Kirsten turned her head away.

"Don't tell me you're gonna choose your brother over me..." He said, his voice fading.

"The one who tried to kill me?"

Her eyes began to water.

"And to think.."he said,"I was actually gonna ask you to marry me.."

He got off the counter and walked out.