Chapter 9

Biloxi, Mississippi

It had been 3 weeks since Cameron's letter had came in the mail. He indeed had returned, but like he said, only to get his things.

*flashback*

"Cameron?" She cracked the door, and saw that he was standing in the door way, and it was raining. She let him in and he shoved straight past her upstairs to collect his things.

He grabbed his duffle bags out of the closet, and emptied his drawers. Kirsten stood in the doorway watching.

"You know watching me isn't going to change my mind Kirsten."

Tears streamed down her face, but she held it together and stayed silent.

After packing everything he owned, he shoved past her again, and made his way down the stairs.

"Cameron." She yelled.

He stopped momentarily to turn around and face her still holding his bags in his hands.

"Why." She questioned.

"Kirsten I'm not having this conversation with you. I told you why. Please, don't make this harder than it already is." He pleaded.

She could see the hurt in his eyes, but she didn't care. She was hurt too, and she was angry that he was oblivious to that.

"It's raining." She said hoping that it would somehow stop him.

"Yeah, I know. It happens."

His attitude was like a slap in the face to her. She  remembered the time he had pinned her up to the wall, and kissed her, and she cried even more.

She continued begging him. "Cameron please don't go."

She ran to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. He didn't hug back. He only stood there, still holding his bags in his hands.

He somehow managed to get her off of him. Kirsten ran into the rain after him.

"Cameron I don't understand. Please.."

He didn't say a word. Cameron was thankful for the rain, she would've known he was crying if it wouldn't have been.

"I'll write to you." He said bluntly.

Cameron got into his car, started it, and drove off.
He looked into the rearview only to see Kirsten standing in the rain behind him.

*end of flashback*

In those 3 weeks, of no letters, no conversations, and no Cameron, Kirsten had become depressed and secluded. She missed him more than anything. For the past 2 months he had been nothing but her whole world.

Jacob walked past her room.
"You know, I would say I told you so, but I love you too much to do that."

"Jacob, not now." She said annoyed.

Jacob wanted so bad for her to tell him he told her so. But she knew he just wanted that satisfaction, and she wasn't giving it to him.

"I'll be okay." She thought.

"Ill be okay."

Los Angeles, California

Cameron wasn't so hot either. His apartment was quiet and lonely, and he missed waking up to Kirsten every morning. Sometimes he wondered what it would be like if he would just man up and confess to his mom about Kirsten. But they had just gotten fixed again, and he didn't want to jeopardize that.

He wondered if Kirsten hated him. He hadn't wrote a letter to her since the breakup. Cameron figured she probably didn't wanna hear from him.

He wouldn't want to either.

For the past 2 weeks he would lie in his bed and just stare. Stare at the walls, stare at the ceiling fan.

Every other day, he would be interrupted from his daily staring schedule, to greet his mom and sister. For the time being, he would pretend to have a smile on his face, and be happy.

But deep down his mother knew something was wrong.
She knew her son. She knew when something wasn't right. When something was off balance.

Today she was coming over, and she was determined to find out what was paining her child.

Gina showed up to his apartment around the usual time she came every other day. He had already been awake and had made coffee like he always did for the both of them.

"Sit." She said sternly.

He did as she asked, and sipped his coffee.

"What's gotten into you lately? Why do you seem so unhappy?" He could hear the worry in her voice.

He faked a smile. "Nothing, mom, why do you ask?"

"Don't tell me nothing! Cameron I know my children! I know when something is wrong, and there's 100% something wrong with you. So tell me."

He gulped. It was now or never. He rubbed his eyes with his hands, ran a hand through his hair, took a deep breath, and began to tell her.

"Mom, I met a girl. A wonderful beautiful girl."

"Well Cameron! That's great news! Where is she and why haven't we met her??"
She was excited to hear that her boy had found a suitable young lady.

"Mom.. She lives in Mississippi."

Her smile turned to a disappointed look. She was confused as to how Cameron had met someone almost halfway across the country.

Cameron noticed her puzzled look. "She was a fan. But she wasn't like any other fan, and I fell in love with her. She was the one who pushed me to come back and fix things with you, and so I did. But when you asked if I was going to be around more often, I realized that wouldn't be possible if I lived in Mississippi, so I broke things off and I moved back. Mom, I love you so much and I'm grateful that we have each other now, but God I miss her. I miss her so much."

Cameron took a breath and waited for Gina to give him a reply.

"I.. I don't know what to say." His mom stated.

He shook his head. "It's fine you don't have to say anything. She probably hates me now anyway, I walked out on her."

"You did what?" She asked with an angry tone.

"I walk-"

"No I heard you clearly. Cameron Dallas I thought I taught you better than that."

Cameron was confused. He thought she was angry because he had found a girl in Mississippi, not because he had walked out.

"Cameron if you love someone, you stand up for them. You stand your ground for them. You give them every reason to stay, and you stay for every reason they give. You give them 110% with all that you have, and you love them harder than you have ever loved before."

Cameron's mouth was wide open at this point. He had broken Kirsten's heart, and here his mom was, telling him that he was stupid for doing it.

"So what do I do?" He asked enthusiastically.

"You go get her. You go to her. Or you bring her here. Id rather you bring her here. I'd like to meet the poor girl you broke."

"I'll go right now."

He jumped up and packed his bags for a 2nd time. He was getting her back no matter how long it took him.
After he packed everything he went to run out the door, before closing it, he yelled to his mom.

"Thanks mom. I love you."

"I love you too."