Canada

I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock. Seeing as everyone else was still asleep, I got up to start the day on my own. I decided not to shower since I got one yesterday. I threw on some warm up pants with our logo on the left thigh. I put on a Pittsburgh tournament long sleeve and slipped on a pair of slides to get breakfast. I grabbed my phone and left the room while the others slowly awakened. I made my way down to breakfast and checked my texts as well. I had several texts from Jaden.

Jaden❤️: Sammy... What happened?
Jaden❤️: sam say it isn't so.
Jaden❤️: Sam please respond.
Jaden❤️: Sam.
Jaden❤️: I guess you're sleeping, text me when you wake up.

I wonder what's gotten him all worked up. I clicked my phone shut and figured I'd answer him on the bus. I stepped in the elevator and pulled my blonde hair up into a high ponytail. The elevator stopped and I walked out and into the lobby. I saw the buffet and walked straight up. I piled my plate with eggs, sausage, and bacon. I sat down with some of my team mates who are also up as well. My phone started to buzz in my pocket. I drop my fork and pull out my phone, and answer it.

"Hello" I mumble with my mouth full

"Sam."

"Jaden what's up?" I ask my mouth empty this time

"Are you dating Cole?" He asks

"Well I mean... Hold on Jaden." I looked around and noticed everyone listening in

I excused myself from the table and went to an empty space in the lobby.

"Listen Jaden, we aren't actually dating-I mean we are but we're not official I guess you could say."

The line went silent for a little and I was sure he hung up.

"Oh okay. Well I'm happy for you."

"You sure? Considering the texts I received from you, I wouldn't have guessed you were filled with so much joy."

"Good god Sammy, what am I supposed to say? What do you want me to say huh?!"

"Anything but the filthy lie you just told me Jaden. Christ, you think you can lie to me but you can't, I know you way too well. Now why are you so upset?"

"Just forget it Sammy, have fun in Canada."

Then he hung up. I clicked my phone off and stormed off back to the table. I ate my food in silence and returned to the room. When I opened the door, Mya had just gotten out of the shower and way brushing her hair.

"What's got you in a bad mood?" She asked not looking at me

"I'm not in a bad mood, I'm fine Mya."

"Bullshit, now spill."

"Christ Mya, I start 'dating' Cole and Jaden starts acting weird. Everything's already getting messy and it hasn't even been a full day." I start to break down

"Hey hey don't cry on me now." She comes over and engulfs me in a hug. "It's probably just weird to him that both of his best friends are together now. He feels like he is going to be left out. Listen Sammy everything will work itself out, I'm sure of it." Mya said

"Hey guys have you seen my... Hey Sammy what's wrong? Do I have to kick Wagner's ass?" Becca asked

I laughed a bit and wiped away the tears.

"I'm fine guys."

God I hated to cry in front of my team mates. I'm a hockey player for crying out loud I need to be emotionally tough. Hell the last time I ever cried in front of them was when I left Kayleigh a few months ago.

"Alright Sammy, but if this happens again, someone's ass is getting kicked." Cassie laughed

I laughed and grabbed my Nike back pack. I grab my duffle and we walk out of the hotel room.

~

We were in about 2 hours. Only 2 more until we arrive. I could barely contain my excitement. I lived here a few years ago, so I'll finally get to see some of my old friends once again. My phone buzzes and I realize it's Cole. I smile and answer it.

"Hey Cole." I smile as his name rolls off my tongue

"Hey."

"Jaden?" I ask the smile disappearing immediately

"Sammy... I just wanted to say I'm sorry for flipping out on you. It's just you guys are both my best friends, and I don't want to be left out when you visit. I'm sorry. You don't have to forgive me, I just wanted you to know that I am sorry."

I didn't respond I just thought for a moment.

"Sammy, are you still there?"

"Yeah I'm still here." I said watching the street lights pass by "and I forgive you. You're one of my best friends too and I wouldn't want to lose you over something this stupid."

"Thank you Sammy. I'm so glad you could forgive me."

"I'm just happy you apologized." I admitted "it takes a lot for someone to admit when they're wrong."

"Well thanks. Anyways, are you in Canada yet??" He asked

"We are close to the border I think," I replied honestly "which means my data gets turned off, and I can only use wifi. So I won't be able to talk much."

"Oh." He replied

"Well have fun." He said and then hung up.

I pulled the phone away from my ear. Why was he like this? I decided to text him.

Me: j, are you mad at me?
Jaden❤️: what? Sammy no, I'm just upset.
Me: well why?
Jaden❤️: because what am I gonna do without my best friend for four days?
Me: aw j, I'll be back before you know it. Well in the US, that is.
Jaden❤️: I miss you.
Me: I miss you too j. But I'll see you soon. Don't worry💜
Jaden❤️: love ya Sam.
Me: love ya j. Gotta go. I'll text you when I get to the hotel.

I turned off my data and closed my phone. This will be an interesting tournament.

~
kind of dull chapter as usual, sorry bout that 😁~Sammy