The Mall

Jaden's POV

We are hopped into Zack's parents car and we headed to the mall. Across the back row of the seats it was me, Sammy and Kayleigh. And in the middle row it was Cole and Zack. No one really talked the whole way there, occasionally someone would ask for the music to be turned up. Cole fell asleep in his seat on the way there. I guess he didn't sleep well. We eventually pulled up to the mall and all climbed out.

"Just text me when you want to be picked up!" Zack's mom said before driving off

Zack waved to her and we all headed in. Zack and Kayleigh held hands, as well as Cole and Sammy. Great. This was starting off well. We walked along the dozen of shops. Sammy was wearing dark wash jeans, and my sweatshirt. Wait, my sweatshirt? She was wearing my sweatshirt? Did Cole notice? Would he be upset?

"Jaden? You good?" Sammy asked me

"Me? Oh yeah I'm great." I smiled

And when I said that I wasn't lying. I felt like I was at the top of the world at the moment. And that's when I saw her. Raegan. I had the biggest crush on her before I met Sammy. But then it was just a crush. And I had forgotten all about her. Until now.

"Maybe we should turn around." I said stopping

"Why j?" Sammy asked stopping

"Uh we just should."

Everyone looked at each other and Sammy shrugged.

"Sure J." She replied

She turned around and pulled Cole with her. I cringed remembering they had been holding hands this whole time. Why did they have to be so damn happy together? Why?! I didn't understand. Why did Cole have to choose her?! Why not someone else?! The anger inside me continued to rise until I couldn't take it anymore.

"Christ can you guys stop that?!" I snapped

"Stop what J?" Sammy snapped right back

She dropped Cole's hand, and turned around to face me.

"Just forget it Sammy." I replied and turned back around.

I walked off, to go find Raegan. Maybe then she'd get the message. Maybe then she'd understand what I'm feeling.

Sammy's POV

Jaden had snapped. I wasn't sure what set him off. I faced him and snapped right back. He had been acting weird ever since I got here. His emotions were everywhere. And he had no trouble conveying it. He told me to forget it and walked away. I started to walk after him, but Zack grabbed my shoulder.

"Sammy let him cool off. He'll come back. Don't worry." Zack said

I nodded and returned back to Cole. He put his arm around me.

"Hey don't worry about it Sammy." He assured me

"Cole you don't understand. He's been so different lately. I feel like I don't even know him. And I don't even know what I did. He was my best friend and now I'm not even sure if I can call him that."

No one said anything after that. I sighed and Cole took his arm off my shoulder. I grabbed his hand and he gave me a small smile. We continued to walk and soon enough, we were all having fun. Besides, why should I be upset because Jaden is? What reason did I have to be upset? Exactly I didn't. If he wanted to continue acting strange he could. I had two amazing best friends and Cole. After all I didn't need much more than that. I wanted to spend the time I had up here, happy rather than upset and I couldn't let just one person get in the way of that.

"Hey guys. I'm sorry about earlier. Can we hang?" I turned around and Jaden was there

I took everything back that I said in my head earlier and forgave him. I smiled until I saw the blonde beside him.

"Who is that?" I asked

"Oh this is Raegan." He said

She giggled and said hello to everyone. So apparently everyone knew this girl except me. But from what I could tell she hates me. She continually gave me dirty looks. We walked around the mall and I tried to ignore her. The boys wanted to stop at an athletic store so I let them go in. We all waited in front of the store for them. Kayleigh soon enough decided to join them and that left me alone with Raegan.

"Hey Sammy. I want to talk to you." She said

"Im listening."

"You know Jaden right? Yeah well anyways, before you came he liked me. And then you had to show up and ruin that for me. The point is, I don't want you talking to him anymore."

"You wish Raegen. Besides, why does it even matter, he's my best friend and I'm dating Cole. I don't know why you're so petty. We're not dating."

"Oh please Sam. You know he likes you and the only reason you're with Cole is to make him want you more. You know that."

"Okay first off-" I was cut off by the boys coming out

"Hey what's wrong?" Cole asked

"Nothing." I smiled

'We'll talk later' he mouthed and I nodded my head

Cole nudged Zack and he nodded.

"Well Raegan it looks like we have to go." Zack said

"Oh okay, well bye guys. Bye Jaden." She winked at him before leaving

I stayed silent the whole way out of the mall. Zack's mom was at the curb and we all got in. I plugged in my head phones and ignored everyone. I wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone anyways. We returned back home and Cole pulled me up to Zack's room.

"Sam what's wrong?" He asked

"Nothing Cole."

"Cmon we both know that's complete bullshit. What did she say to you?"

"She said she didn't want me seeing Jaden anymore. She said I was just with you so I can make him like me more. Which is completely ridiculous, because he doesn't even like me as more than a best friend." I replied

"Oh my god." He muttered

"What Cole?"

"I don't know how I didn't realize this before." He continued to talk to himself

"What is it Cole?!" asked losing my patience

"Sam, Jaden's in love with you."

This chapter is such trash I apologize. -Sammy