Jealousy

Sammy's POV

The Little League World Series had started a few days ago. Jaden had been playing extremely well and I watched every game I could. It was so weird seeing him on tv, he was practically famous now. It was funny to see girls all over his instagram. Especially on our picture together. I had so many follower requests that I just turned my account public. Overall, they were all really nice to me. I was happy. But then something changed. Girls has been sending me a bunch of DM's about Jaden's recent post. They all asked if he was cheating on me. When I went to his Instagram, he had posted a picture with Raegan. She went to his game today. Something inside of me snapped. I was pissed. That's not right. She shouldn't even be ALLOWED to watch him play. I'm his best friend (other than Cole). She came in and out his life as she pleased. She never had any interest in him until it was heard that Red Land could possibly make the Little League World Series. She never supported him. She didn't stay up thinking about him at night. She didn't spend countless hours on the phone with him like I did. She doesn't deserve him. Sure Jaden's moody sometimes, but he doesn't treat people the way she treated him. And I was pissed because I should be the one there with him. I should be there cheering him on and wearing one of his shirts. Not her. I hated her ever since the mall incident. And he had the nerve to post a picture with her. But that wasn't it, it wasn't just a simple Instagram post. I had received a text from him.

Jaden❤️: hey I have some pretty big news. Btw did u see our game?

Me: yeah I saw it && spill!!

Jaden❤️: okay so I might sorta have a girl

Me: aw that's great who??

Jaden❤️: well u met her, and she's really pretty.

Me: ???

Jaden❤️: it's Raegan!

I stared at my phone after that. I had seen the picture, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions. But when it was confirmed I could feel my heart break in my chest. It got heavy and my throat started to tighten up. It just wasn't fair. What had she ever done for him to make him fall for her? Where was she the night when he actually made LLWS? Where was she way back in September when he couldn't sleep? Where the hell was she when he had a mental breakdown before a huge game? I just want want to know how the hell she did it. How she made him care for her.

But wait, why do I even care? Why is all of this relevant? He's my best friend after all I should want him to be happy. And I guess if he's happy with her, then I should let them be. But what had caused me to breakout in such an emotionally violent way? What had fizzled inside of me to make me snap?

Jealousy.

I hated that word. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I had never been jealous of anyone before in my life. This was totally new to me. And how could I make it go away? Why is it all of a sudden happening now? I hate it. It's not a good feeling because I can't do anything about it. He's not mine anymore though, and who knows if he ever will be again. He's there and I'm here. He would choose her over me. And I can't lose him. He means everything to me and way more. And I hate giving someone so much power over me, because at any given moment they could turn around and hurt me like this. Without even meaning to, or they could mean too. I had gotten attached to Jaden. And I wasn't ready for it.