Panic

Today was my first day back at school. This week was going to kill me. I had too many tests and assignments to do. I was bound to forget something. I went around fine for a majority of the day. It came to be lunch and I was making my way down the huge hallway to the cafeteria. Then I felt it. My chest started to tighten up. Soon enough I was gasping for air. I rushed into the nearest bathroom, which to my luck was empty. I whipped out my phone and dialed Jaden. Tears began to flow and I still couldn't breathe.

"Sammy? What going on?" He asked

I couldn't say anything, I just kept gasping, feeling like I was never going to catch my breath and eventually die. My heart was racing and I continued to worry.

"Sammy, hey, listen to me, try to take a deep breath, please, it's okay, don't worry."

I felt like I was going to die and I eventually believed that I would.

"Sammy, please try to calm down okay I'm right here and I'm going to try to make this better. I know I can't do much in a different state, but I'm going to try. Please just listen to me."

I did listen to him. And I did eventually catch my breath.

"Thank you Jaden. I honestly don't know what happened. That was out of nowhere and I'm sorry I bothered you during your tournament."

"Don't worry about it Sammy. If you wanna talk about it call me after you're done with school. My day is free today."

"Thanks, love you." I said before hanging up

~

I eventually trudged my way back home in the incredible heat. I figured I wouldn't bother Jaden anymore. I placed my backpack down by the front door, not even bothering with my homework. I walked up the stairs to my room and flopped on my bed.

Jakey😚❤️: hey, come over?
Me: idk I'm not feeling well.
Jakey😚❤️: no :(
Me: yeah, I think I'll just chill here. See you tomorrow?

I didn't get a reply after that. I figured he was doing something and went to the shower. I just stood under the flowing hot water as it cascaded down my body. I felt the pressure in my head go down and my tense muscles relax. After taking a few minutes to wash my hair and body, I got out of the shower. I wrapped myself up in a towel, and walked into my room. I pulled out a pair of black spandex and an Andrew McCutchen tee. I was drying my hair when my door opened. It was Jake.

"Hey," I said turning back around

"I heard you weren't well, so I brought you a few things." He said opening the bag

He had a huge blanket wrapped around him.

"You know you didn't have to bring that," I laughed at him

"But this is your favorite blanket babe," he said

I rolled my eyes and took the blanket from him. He handed me my favorite candies, kit kats and peanut butter cups.

"You really didn't have to do this,"

He just shrugged and smiled at me before pulling out a small golden retriever stuffed animal.

"I know you've always wanted a golden retriever puppy, but this was the best I could do."

"It's cute. I'm gonna name her Astrid." I said placing her down

"And last but not least-" he was cut off by my phone ringing.

He grabbed it off the nightstand and furrowed his brows.

"Jaden?" He basically spat

"He's probably just calling to.." He looked up at me and I stopped in mid sentence

"It's probably nothing," I decided to finish

"You know how I feel about that guy." He said

"I know Jake, but he's a really good friend, and-"

"And nothing Sammy, he's toxic."

"He's not that bad, here just decline the call," I said

He did as I told him to.

"Good now let's watch something," I suggested

~

After dozens of snapchat pictures and episodes of Friends, Jake returned home. I waited until I knew he was gone to grab my phone and call Jaden. I still felt bad for declining his call, but after all he was busy and I was with Jake. I knew the two didn't like each other so it was best to just keep them as far apart as possible.

"Jaden," I said when he answered

"Hi." He said

"Jaden I'm sorry for declining your call it's just-"

"Jake yeah I know." He cut me off

"I'm sorry Jaden-"

"You can be sorry all you want but it doesn't make it hurt any less."

"Jaden, listen, please,"

"No stop Sammy. I spent all night worrying about you wondering if you were okay... Until I saw your snapchat and realized you were ignoring me because you were with Jake. That really hurt Sam."

"I'm sorry," I said

"Goodnight Sam."