Chapter 20 - Singapore

#9 in spiritual

20k+ views

I just pinche'd myself twice just to make sure it's really happening and not in my head.

I would like to thank you all. Each and every one who read my book.  It started of as fun never knew I would come such a long way.

My only disappointment is that I have 21k views yet just 3k votes. Please vote it means a lot to me.  Just click on the tiny star above and You could make me very happy.

Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Subhaanal-lathee sakhkhara lanaa haathaa wa maa kunnaa lahu muqrineen. Wa 'innaa 'ilaa Rabbinaa lamunqaliboon. Allaahumma 'innaa nas'aluka fee safarinaa haathal-birrawattaqwaa, waminal-'amalimaa tardhaa, Allaahumma hawwin 'alaynaa safaranaa haathaa watwi 'annaa bu'dahu, Allaahumma 'Antas-saahibu fis-safari, walkhaleefatu fil-'ahli, Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min wa'thaa'is-safari, wa ka'aabanl-mandhari, wa soo'il-munqalabi fil-maaliwal'ahli.

Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Glory is to Him Who has provided this for us though we could never have had it by our efforts. Surely, unto our Lord we are returning. O Allah, we ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for works that are pleasing to You . O Allah , lighten this journey for us and make its distance easy for us . O Allah, You are our Companion on the road and the One in Whose care we leave our family . O Allah , I seek refuge in You from this journey's hardships, and from the wicked sights in store and from finding our family and property in misfortune upon returning.

Marjaan P.O.V

Our ride to Singapore was mesmerizing. I normally used to sleep off as soon as the vehicle starts moving. But, I decided to enjoy the beautiful sights. Nature's beauty would captivate me from time to time.

Ju was sleeping resting his head on my shoulders, I would check on him from time to time and I made sure I didn't move much as I didn't want to wake him from his slumber.

On our way, there was an immigration check point and I woke him up for the passport verification. He hates being woken up and was mumbling things. It was over in a few minutes and we were back in the bus in no time. We reached Singapore in less than an hour after that.

After collecting our luggage, we took a cab and headed to Ritz Carlton. The hotel chain offered us a special honeymoon package as we had stayed at the Ritz during our Malaysia part of the trip. They quickly made all the arrangements and a bellboy showed us to our room which was in one of the top most floors.

We both were exhausted from our bus ride and slept off as soon as we hit the bed.

He woke me up and I blinked and tried to get my bearings. I looked around the luxurious interior of our suite. It was impeccable. I loved how beautifully they had arranged the room. The dim lights just increased the romantic atmosphere and created the perfect ambience for a honeymoon suite. I had always wondered why they had a special suite for honeymoon couples. Now i knew why and couldn't help but smile.

"Let's stay indoors today", he said rather mischievously.

"Okay, sunshine. as you wish!" I blew him a kiss

"Okay  KANMANI", he jumped up and pretended to grab my kiss from flying away.

"So, I am your Kanmani huh?" I asked him.

"So, I am your sunshine huh?" he repeated playfully.

"I asked you first"

"I asked you second"