Chapter 28-To Memories

رَبِّ هَب لى مِن لَدُنكَ ذُرِّيَّةً طَيِّبَةً ۖ إِنَّكَ سَميعُ الدُّعاءِ

 rabbi hab lee min ladunka thurriyyatan tayyibatan 

innaka sameeAAudduAAa

Surah Al-Imran ,verse 38

This is the supplication of Prophet Zakariyya (Peace be upon him) .

"O my Lord! leave me not without offspring, 
though thou art the best of inheritors."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We got into the reserved private room in the cafe.
We ordered so many things.  We were giggling like mad people. .  Time flew so quickly. 
I remember my first day of college when I sat next to Dianne and how we instantly became friends.  The last person added to the group was hima and she became the closest to my heart.

All of them had their future planned. Dianne wanted to be a teacher and musician. Batul wanted to pursue an MBA degree, her future promised to be very interesting as she was the fourth child of a doctor and all her elder sisters had married doctors and she would too one day. We played matchmakers whenever we came across tall good looking doctors.

Hima is very talented and had already bagged an admission in one of the top college's in India.  And then there is me, I'm just waiting for my Amjad at present. I don't want to do anything, my body and mind needs healing. Some nights I wake up with nightmare about blood all around me, I didn’t tell it to anyone. I have already caused a lot of misery for everyone. .
We started laughing again at the boiling thing crashed joke.  It was our trump card against Hima.  But whoever started the joke would always get a tongue lashing from her. Poor Dianne, she was tortured for the next ten minutes until I intervened and spoke about careers.

"I want to be a journalist, and expose all these corrupt people"  Hima said quiet determined to act on her words.

"Well, I just want to be a teacher and help out poor kids like me who are tortured by other people.  I won't give out names but, I can point to that direction." Dianne had taken her revenge and we almost choked while sipping our respective drinks.

"I'll just keep studying whatever that comes my way till I find my doctor Prince charming.” Batul said with a mouthful of sandwich.

"What are your plans MJ?" Hima asked abruptly stopping our laughter. 

" I want to have a baby."  tears started flowing from my eyes. I had just blurted out what my heart wanted. 
I wiped my eyes, I was a tough kid yet I have changed after marriage. As if a new me had blossomed.

"Chillax MJ! You’re the one who preaches Allah has a plan every time I lose one mark in any of my exams. He will surely bless you when it's the right time."

All of them started laughing and even though I couldn’t hear it in between my anguished thoughts, I laughed with them. I loved them for this. They never showed fake sympathy. I was being sympathized so much by my relatives that I just wanted people to treat me like a normal person. I had decided to go back to Amjads house now that my exams were over.  Moreover I need the country side fresh air, I could indulge in farming or I could just sit by the lake.  I was fine now and was ready to feel his presence even in his absence.

We all had a slight pain in our heart thinking of parting our ways. We promised each other that we would keep in touch and meet up every time we got time, but, it wouldn’t be the same like seeing each other daily in college. We decided to make the remaining time a memorable one and continued pulling each other’s legs.

We snapped pictures, we sang and danced to our favorite songs, and after a while we were so exhausted that while we were resting on our chairs we wished there was a bed nearby so we could all just go to sleep right there.  My body was getting tired very quickly, I had put on some weight and now my goal to get back in shape before Ju came home. I was very conscious about it and had ordered food with less calories.