Chapter 24- Farewell

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Give each other gifts and you will love each other.”

Source: Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 594

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Ibn Hajar

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ‏ تَهَادُوا تَحَابُّوا

594 الأدب المفرد للبخاري

المحدث ابن حجر العسقلاني خلاصة حكم المحدث إسناده حسن

Marjaan P.O.V

I was really worried when the scarf got burned. I was acknowledged as an expert in ironing clothes by my family, and never in my life have I ever burnt anything. It was my favourite scarf and my daddy had gifted it to me when I got good grades last semester.

I always got good grades and daddy always gifted me something and I had saved it as a token of appreciation.

He tried a lot to cheer me up, but I was restless. I was scared the newfound happiness in my life would end. I was in a constant state of emotional turmoil until I heard my baby’s heartbeat and that made me forget all my fears.

I knew from the time we got engaged that I would have to stay away from my husband for some time. For how long, only Allah knows and I was prepared for it. Or was I?

I would smile all day and when he sleeps at night the tears would find its way out. I wanted to be his strength and not his weakness; my heart screamed a million times to stop him but was ready to take the pain just so that I can give my child a good life.

Luckily my classes were over and I was having study leave and my exams were in April. We spent all the time together. Though we were enjoying each other’s presence there was sadness in the heart. The feeling of being apart was a constant ache in my heart and it was difficult to keep a straight face.

He took me out daily, though this time always in the car. We went to his friend’s house and my friend’s house. I would converse with his friend’s parents and he did the same with mine.

I really liked Faizals mother, she was a lively person and spoke to me for hours, it’s always me talking a lot and I clearly enjoyed someone who was just like me. I was determined even more to get Afreen married to Faizal.

It was just three more days for him to go and I was getting moody.

“Chubby, can I go out with my friends tomorrow? Every year before I leave we usually go on a long drive. Is it okay with you?”

I nodded reluctantly and I think he understood.

“If you don’t want me to go I will stay at home”

“Ju, I don’t want your friends to feel that you’re avoiding them .They have a right over you too and I’m sure you will enjoy a bike ride. From the time I became pregnant you have been avoiding travelling on the bike. And besides I have exam a week after you leave and I had been planning to start studying after you leave. I can study today.”

I spent the day studying, it surely helped me to divert my thoughts; he would call me every hour and check on me. I knew he was feeling guilty but he needs to spend time with others as well. I was more than happy that he took my permission; it was these small acts of his care that made me fall for him.

Ummi and Mumma had started preparing delicacies for him to take abroad.

I am sure his roommates in Dublin are ready to pounce on him.