6. Fire

I woke up again when the bell rung. Breakfast was ready. I changed my clothes. Or as you could say, I put on a new dress. This time it was a black dress. I went outside and walked to the dining room. Everyone was already eating and I walked towards my table. I was sitting alone. Again. But I wasn't the only one. Percy and Nico were also alone. It made me feel a lot better.
I chose to eat some toast and eggs. It was delicious! The toast was crunchy and the egg was baked with a crunchy rim. Just as I like them.
Chiron: Tonight there will be another capture the flag. The teams will be announced before the game begins.
I didn't know what it was. I had never heard of it before.
After breakfast a girl with brown hair came to me and said
You need a weapon for the game. If you will follow me. I can show you all of the weapons we have. Btw I'm Piper.
I didn't know what kind of weapons they had. Probably no guns. And I was really glad with that. We came at the weapons storage and I saw a lot of knifes and swords. All of them were bronze.
Piper: They are all made of godly bronze. You can only hurt a god, a monster or a demigod with it. No mortals or in your case wizards.
That made me feel a lot safer. Not. But then I saw a knife with the inscription "Ignis". I took it and said that I would take it.
Piper: Funny. Ignis. It means fire.
It made me think. I took, even I didn't knew what it meant, a knife with the Latin inscription of fire.
Now the questions started to come in my head. How many things have I chosen without thinking about it which were things that had something to do with fire? Why did I pick this one? Why is the inscription Latin? Wait, that doesn't matter.
I looked at Piper. She was pretty, but I couldn't sort her.
Me: Who is your godly parent?
Piper: Aphrodite, unfortunately. When she claimed me, she gave me a makeover. It was horrible.
Me: Well, mine was just humiliating.
Piper: What hap-
Me: I don't want to talk about it. You'll hear the stories from people. *sigh*
Piper: What ever it is, people are claimed in the most stupid ways. You get makeovers, your start blurting out a haiku, you fall asleep or you turn into a human Wikipedia. In about a week, people will forget it. There always happens something new.
Me: Thanks, I just needed a pep talk, I guess.
Then we both started to laugh and we walked to the cabins.