13. The training

After the fact that my mom had spoken with me I had searched for the key. Was it a person, an animal or an object? Annabeth had given me her cap so I could go outside and talk with my mom about that key.
Mom: You need to focus Fay.
We figured out that with small fires, like a torch, she could talk to me for about 2 hours.
Me: I'm focusing. But it won't work. It is not my old teddy bear.
Mom: Well, apparently not hard enough darling. But maybe you're right. Maybe it is not the teddy bear. Let's try the picture of your father again.
I was getting pretty tired, but I didn't want to make her disappointed in me.
Mom: Think of all the possible things that could happen to him. Happy things, sad things, everything can help. Got it honey?
I nodded. I tried and I tried. But nothing happened.
Mom: Okay, maybe you're to tired to do this. Now go and sleep darling. You need to be all fresh in the morning.
And I went to my bedroom.
The next day I went to all of my classes and as always my potions didn't turn out great. They exploded right in the professors face. And every time I feel really bad about it. That night I went to my mother again.
Mom: Well you've come. Late. How was your day honey? She was irritated.
Great. I said sarcastic. She didn't notice.
Mom: Well. Let's try of we can unlock yourself tonight.
I tried and I tried. Nothing worked.
Me: NOTHING IS WORKING. WHY IS IT SO HARD? I was frustrated with my mother. She looked proudly at me. I didn't understand. Why was she looking at me like that.
Mom: You did it sugar. I'm so proud of you. I looked at my hands and I was suddenly very afraid. My hands were on fire.
What? How? What? I stumbled.
Mom: What were you thinking of when you were frustrated?
Me: Of you. Of how I have always wanted to know my mother but you never turned up. I started crying. Then I thought about if the people could have heard me jelling at my mom.
Me: I probably should go. Before I get caught. I see you tomorrow when I'll be training on controlling my powers.
Mom: Goodnight honey. I love you.
Then I left.