12. The plan

The next day we had mythology again. Chiron winked me and said that Percy had something to say to me.
Percy: Last night I had a dream and I thought you might want to know about it. I nodded. I did want to know it.
Percy: I was at the palace of Khione. She was talking to her snowman slaves. 'Once my son has defeated the evil daughter of that awful goddess, there will never be any fire and that means no summer. And when it is all over the world cold or winter we can take down the sun and the ocean God.' So you can understand that it is really important that you know this. Only you can take her down. I'm powerless against her.
I understood that I had a really important role in the coming war. But I didn't want to hurt my friend, otherwise if he was evil and wanted to kill me I had no choice.
Me: So, I must defeat my friend and his mother? But they want to kill me. How am I supposed to do that?
I actually questioned it myself.
Percy: Yeah. It's pretty difficult. But I've done that twice. You can do that.
It was not really comforting. He had master skills in killing monsters and fighting with a sword. And then you have me. I can use magic. And I can fight a statue with a sword. I have literally no chance of winning from a snow goddess. That night I went to the Ravenclaw room and heard a voice.
Mom: Fay. Can you hear me? It's me, Hestia. I know the connection is worse than ever. But you have to listen. You need to master your inner fire. Only then you can use your fire against Khione. You need to believe in yourself and find the key to your fire. You understand that? Well, I'll try to help with every fire there is, but it costs a lot of power. I only can do it once in an hour for a quarter of a hour. See you next time. Then she disappeared. Well, my inner fire was still locked in and I didn't know where the key was.