30. The final step

There I lay, with the stick melting in my body. This was the moment I knew the world was going to end.

Cas
There she lay, impaled, dying. That was the moment the spell of my mother broke.
Me: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? No, no, no, NO! Fay, stay with me. Don't die. I can defeat her. That's what she deserves.
Only I knew that if I could defeat her, I won't make it. I could put her in an ice ball and make it so solid, she would be cast into the depths of Tartarus. But it would take all of my energy, so I have no power left to live. I would die, but if I could save the world, her, it was worth it.
In the mean time my mother had made an Iris call. To Camp Half-Blood.
My psychotic mother: -like to make an announcement for all of your 'students'. Can you gather them here? That would be nice. ............ Hello everyone, I'm, as you all know, Khione. And I have something to show you. Over there you see your only hope on saving the world. Dying. To bad you don't have anything or something else to try and defeat me. Hahahahahah-
All her words had made me so mad, that I had made the deadly ball of ice. I could not stop, not now.
Fay: Cas, ... what are you doing?
Her voice sounded weak.
Me: I'm going to save us all.
Fay: But that would take all of your energy. You won't survive it. ..... Stop.....You don't have to do this for me.
Why was she trying to stop me. I was saving the world. Saving her. If my mother is defeated, she might survive this all. Even though I won't.
Just one more minute and she would be defeated. Fifty seconds..... Forty seconds..... Thirty seconds.... Twenty seconds.... Ten seconds... And then a loud plop and the ball was gone.
I fell to the ground and grunted. Then I fainted.

Fay
Cas! I yelled. I crept towards him and saw him laying unconscious.
Khione was gone, but it was all her fault. She had made him do this.
Wake up, Cas. Wake up. I didn't want him to die. Then he finally woke up.
Cas: Y-you were dying.... How long have I been gone?
Me: 10 minutes. Why did you do that? You knew you were going to die if you did that.
Cas: I didn't want to live without you.
Me (already sobbing): I-I can't die. I'm not even a real human. Now I have to live without you.
Cas: I want to say sorry, for the times I was mean to you and tried to kill you. I was under control of my mother. She made me do these things. She was a horrible mother. I'm sorry.
He closed his eyes and let go of his last breath.
I forgive you, all the stupid and mean things you have done. I forgive you.
I cried for many minutes, until I couldn't cry anymore.

I placed a drachma in his hand and left him on top of the branches.
They put on the fire.
Percy: Don't worry about it. He died as a hero. He'll go to Elysium.
Me: But that doesn't mean I won't miss him. I'll search for him and I'll find him. Even if that means I need to go to the underworld. I swear it on t-
Percy: Don't do it. Don't swear it. It's an unbreakable oath.
Me: But I will do it. I'm coming for you, Cas.

A/R: Please let me know if you liked it and if you want to read more, you can! In part two you can read more about the life of Fay. It's called Son of Khione, I really hope you are going to read it!
I hope you liked it!