18. The journey

After that nice test ,where I had an amazing score, we got back to the camp. Chiron had said that I needed to practice on my sword skill, which I totally agreed. I mean I was terrible at sword fighting. I practiced with a girl from the Ares cabin. Which was like letting a potato on a plate and a hungry girl with a knife. Or like a lion and a sleeping zebra. I was the potato/sleeping zebra. We practiced almost 24/7. And after a week we were like two deer fighting with each other. And eventually I won three of the five times. After Chiron had seen that he said that I also needed to learn how to fight when powers don't matter and I lost my sword. First he wanted to see what I already could do. When I was younger I had karate class. And I still could do some stuff. I could beat her in ten seconds. I would have been faster if I wouldn't had my ankle boots with a three centimeters heel on. Maybe that wasn't a great idea after all.
Chiron: Well, we don't have to do learn you that anymore. Than you're ready for the journey. We have the perfect vehicle for you. Well that sounded exciting. We went to a big boathouse. When we entered it there was a big air balloon standing.
Me: That is amazing. And I can control that with my fire? Chiron nodded.
Chiron: You need to pack your things and you are ready to go.
I run to my cabin and I packed my things. I got back immediately. I swung my stuff in the basket of the air balloon.
Chiron:This is a quest for your own. You need to be extra careful with the things you do. You get a limited amount of nectar and ambrosia. A few drachmas for the Iris massages. And some food.
Wait, on my own. There is no one with me. I'm alone.
Me: I need to go Alaska on my own in an air balloon. Chiron nodded. I stepped in the air balloon and made a fire. The balloon went up and the journey started.
So, that is what happened to me by far. What is going to happen in the future, I don't know. I'm writing this in a diary. Because I have literally nothing else to do in the air, besides looking where I'm going. The view is great, but I see always a village with trees and a highway. I'm already three days gone and my food supply is getting smaller and smaller.
Me: You need to buy some food Fay. I know, know. But where do I land? I was sometimes talking to myself. It makes me feel a little bit less alone.
Me: There, I see a hill by the highway. If you land there you can go to the village next door. Nice spotted Fay. It may be a little childish, but it works fine. I land on top of the hill. I take my backpack, get out of the basket and make sure that the mist makes the balloon look like a bunch of trees. I walk down the hill and see two boys standing in front of a tunnel. I get a little closer and they see me too. They scream something and ran towards me. Bad idea Fay. Run for your life. And I start to run. There is no time to go in the balloon Fay. You need to run and hope that they don't see it. I run further and suddenly my dress gets stuck in the bushes. You fool, why did you put on a dress? I try to get my dress out of the bushes, but it is to late. The boys are already here.