26. The journey goes on

After a long night of thinking and not sleeping, I went to my air balloon. I had packed my stuff before everyone was awake. And still it was like 3 in the morning. I got into the basket and checked everything just one more time. Then I flew away. Nobody that knew I was gone. But it was better for them. This time I made sure I was going in the right direction. Since San Francisco is not really the north. Note to self: make sure that the next time, if there comes one, you have a compass. It may be needed.
My first stop was in Denver. I needed to buy some food. I landed and went looking for a supermarket. I walked for like 20 minutes and then I saw it. The Walmart. Thank the gods. I went inside and bought some pizzas. (I can heat them up with my hand. Nice huh?) When I left the Walmart I noticed that there was something wrong. I looked around and saw three woman standing and looking at me. I began walking away and they followed me. I began to run and when I finally reached the balloon, they had vanished.
My next stop was in Chicago. When I was there I had the idea that I would sneak into the ice palace when I got there. So, I needed some camouflage. And since ice is not black, I needed to buy some blue clothes. I found some ice blue all-stars, a pair of ice blue leggings, an ice blue summer dress and an ice blue beanie. I also found in some kind of store a long rope. And with long I mean 5 meters long.
Luckily no problems over there.
So after my shopping trip in Chicago, I went further. Oh, I forgot to mention, I bought also a map. Could come in handy. So I've noticed that a flight from New York to Quebec, that is not that far and that I surprisingly had been way out of course. Great.
I flew further and further. This time in the right direction. And within two days, I saw a big ice palace. It was huge.