3: New Kid

Today was Monday. Monday. Probably the worst day of the week. At least, for now.

You looked in the mirror. You had put on only eyeliner. You weren't a sucker for makeup.

You were wearing your (favourite colour) sweater and these dark grey trackpants sort of thing. And of course, your converses.

Your (hair colour) hair was let down. It was (hair length) and a bit wavy. You liked your look.

Since today was your first day, your mum offered to send you to school. You accepted, since you didn't want to be a nobody on the bus.

"Alright, we're here," she chirped. "Can you manage a bus home?"

"Yeah, mum," you said, stepping out of the car.

"Alright honey. Have fun! Love you loads," she said, blowing a kiss, before she drove off.

You stepped into the building, and you walked through the hallway.

And you noticed something.

Trolls were everywhere.

Back then in your old area, trolls weren't very common. Only a few attended your school, and the ones who attended were the ones who stood out.

But here at Alternia High, the humans and trolls just blended in. You never actually talked to a troll before. That's why you're sort of scared of them.

"(First name)?!"

You turned around, and you saw John and Dave! With two other girls.

"Hey!" you smiled, walking over to them. Dave was there, just being all quiet. You sort of had a feeling he hated you.

The two girls just waved. They were like the female versions of Dave and John. One was a blonde, and calm. Another was a dark haired girl, fun and jumpy, like John.

"Hello!" the dark haired girl giggled. She was wearing a galaxy top. "I'm Jade Harley. Pleasure to meet ya!"

"Hello," the blonde girl smiled. "Rose Lalonde. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Gee, I didn't know you attended this school," John said. "Dave must be really happy, huh?" He nudged Dave a bit.

Dave just shrugged and said, "It's cool."

Seriously, Dave?

The bell rang, and you panicked a bit. "Eh, John, I don't know where my class is!"

John perked up. "Oh! Dave's in your class. You can follow him on the way to class."

Dave just walked off, expecting you to follow him.

"..He doesn't like me," you murmured as you followed him from behind.

During the walk to class, it was.. Awkward. An aura of silence surrounded you.

"So," he said out of nowhere. "How do you like this school so far?"

You were surprised. He never actually talked to you like this. It was always John. But you decided not to question him.

"It's okay," you smiled. "I mean, there are trolls here. And in my old school, there were just one or two."

"Well, I guess you should start getting used to it."

"Yeah.."

The silent aura surrounded you both again. But it broke when you reached your class.

"The teacher's nice. Don't worry," he said.

You nodded. "Mhm." And you opened the door and entered the classroom.