18: Deadlines

2 weeks.

2 weeks to the Moon Project. And the end of the school year.

You feel as if time flies by too fast sometimes.

Dave and you were sitting together at a lunch table alone. The other kids were off practicing and rehearsing for their Moon Projects. The both of you didn't have anything to practice for the Moon Project, because you both had nothing done. The both of you didn't know what to do.

You gave a long, frustrated groan into the table before lifting your head off the table and looking at Dave's face. He smirked slightly, amused.

"Not funny," you sighed.

"Kind of is," he protested. You sighed again and he put his hand on yours. "Listen, (nickname), don't worry about it. We'll figure it out, okay?"

You sighed. "Okay."

He got up from the table. You looked at him. "Where are you going?"

"I gotta go somewhere," he said. He walked to your side and bent over to softly kiss you. You sighed softly as he stood up straight. "See you after school."

You nodded. "See you after school." He gave you one last smirk, which felt different somehow.

He left.

Which also felt different somehow, because he never left the lunch table in the middle of lunch.

You sighed.

You just put your head back on the table, facing the table.

You sighed softly for a long time.