17: Pebbles

"Equals 8.46," you mumbled as you wrote the last part of your answer of one of the maths question. It was part of your maths homework. You sighed, tired.

You stared at the red pen in your hands. It has tiny red apples and (f/c) (favourite fruit)s everywhere.

It reminded you of Dave.

Isn't this what you wanted, Dave?

You felt tears building up in your eyes, but you blinked them away.

You felt her words sinking in.

Tears built up again.

You blinked once. Twice. You were hesitant to let the tears fall onto your open notebook.

You sighed.

Tuk! Tuk!

Huh?

You quickly blinked. You looked down at your notebook.

It was still dry.

What was that noise?

Tuk! Tuk!

It didn't sound like falling teardrops. You turned around.

Tuk! Tuk! Tuk! Tuk! You finally realised where it was coming from. You rushed towards the window and opened it.

The sound immediately stopped.

You looked down. Even though it was already dark, you could see the guy with blonde hair and sunglasses. He grinned when he saw your face.

You sighed. "May I help you, Strider?"

"Yeah," he exclaimed, making sure you heard him. "Your boyfriend needs to talk to you."

You sighed again. You weren't mad at him, but your thoughts were just in a mess. "What does he want to talk about?" You yelled back.

He stared at you and sighed. "An explanation."

After begging to talk to you, you gave in and let him crawl through the bedroom window. He had mumbled, "Nice room." as he entered before he sat down in your chair.

"Thank you," you said, sitting down on the bed. He nodded coolly. You both just sat there awkwardly, with neither of you saying a word.

You looked at him and tilted your head. "Well?"

"Well.." he mumbled. He cleared his throat. He was thinking of saying something, but he didn't seem to say anything.

You sighed.

"She likes me," he blurted out, obviously not knowing how to say it.

You were confused.

He sighed. "She kissed me, because it was part of her plan to make you see us together.. One of her.. Friends? Told me."

"Who?"

"Aradia Megido, a reliable source," he told you. "I would call them rivals, really."

You just nodded. You trusted him.

"I'm sorry," he apologised. "That I couldn't push her away at first."

"It's okay," you sighed. "I'm sorry, too. For telling you to leave me alone. And everything. I just needed to clear things out of my head."

He ruffled your hair and sat down next to you on the bed. "It's cool, (nickname)."

He pulled you closer and hugged you close.

•♡•