15: Secret

The next day, Dave woke you up by gently patting on your shoulders. You woke up in his bed, freshly awake but you still closed your eyes and buried your face in his pillow.

"Morning," he said.

"Morningfh," you said, your voice muffled because of the pillow.

He lay down next to you. "You should take a shower. We'll be late for school," he said softly.

"I'm tooh lazyfh." You rolled over to face him. "Plus, I don't have anything to wear."

He put some of his clothes next to you. You blushed a laughed slightly. "Gosh, thanks Dave."

He pecked your head softly and sat upright. And right at that moment, the door flew open, causing the both of you to jump in surprise.

"Dave, get up - what in the world?" Dirk was standing by the door with his eyebrows raised. Dave's face faded a bit red and Dirk kind of chuckled.

"It's not what it looks like," Dave mumbled. Dirk just chuckled again and said, "Whatever you say. I'll head off first. See you, (name)." And he hurriedly walked off.

You sighed. Dave looked down at you and said, "Let's just not let people know about this for now."

You sat upright and slightly tilted your head. "Why is that so?"

"Because all the girls would be jealous of you," he smirked. You just laughed. "Okay."

You both headed out in matching outfits. He wore a white shirt with long red sleeves and jeans. You wore the same, but yours were oversized. You both wore black converses.

Your hair was neatly combed and smelled like apples, thanks to Dave's shampoo. It also made your hair soft and fluffy.

You both walked to school, side by side. You were lost in thought, not realising he was lost in thought, too.

Suddenly he stopped walking. Snapping out of your thoughts, you stopped walking, too. He turned to look at you. You tilted your head. Nobody was around, which made the atmosphere silent yet comfortable.

Dave took a deep breath. He smiled at you and took his glasses off, sliding them onto the neck of his shirt. "I'd like to do this without them on," he explained, noticing your confused look.

"Oh." You didn't have the slightest idea what he was talking about.

He took both of your hands and stepped closer. "(f/n) (l/n).." he said, still smiling softly.

"Will you be mine?"

Your eyes softened as you realised he was asking you to be his girlfriend. You were at a loss for words as his eyes gazed into yours.

"If you'll be mine." you responded softly.

He nodded, not in his coolly way but in a soft way, and you reflected the action. You both laughed a bit. This was his soft side, the side that you had never seen before in school. He only acted this way when you guys were alone. It made you feel special and loved.

(A/N You are special and loved. Remember that. ♡)

Your noses brushed against each other and you both distanced yourself. He put his shades on and you both walked to school in comfortable silence, both of you replaying what had just happened inside your heads.

You were smiling sheepishly. So was Strider.