Ch.13: Arthur's Party

Adelice slowly stepped into Lelouch's home feeling the sense of security instantly enveloping her. It felt like big warm protective arms had wrapped themselves around her. She sighed as she took a long breathe in, looking around at the dark dining room. She quietly walked around the chairs not wanting to wake up Nunally who had probably already gone to sleep.

The moonlight reflected off the wood table and onto the walls, bathing the room in a gray light that she could use to maneuver around the room without tripping. She could hardly keep her eyes open and her legs were shaking from all the adrenaline that had been running through her body. She quietly walked into Lelouch's room to see him sitting by his computer.

One arm was resting on the arm rest of the chair and the other was typing on the keyboard. He turned to her and gave her a small smile. "Are you going to tell me now?", he asked, his eyes fixed on hers. She slowly nodded as tears welled up in her eyes. Lelouch deeply frowned and stood quickly, pulling her close to him.

Adelice couldn't help but let the tears fall from her face and clung onto Lelouch, feeling safe in his arms. She felt Lelouch rest his head against the top of hers. "Did someone touch you?", he asked urgently, stroking her back with one of his hands.

Adelice couldn't talk between tears and just managed to shake her head slowly. Lelouch grasped one of her shoulders and squeezed it. "Tell me.", he whispered. Adelice slowly gathered herself and wiped the tears away from her eyes. "No... just a guard that was trying to sneak a peak at my undergarments.", to this statement Lelouch frowned deeply.

Adelice shook her head slowly. "It's nothing, he didn't see anything and I wasn't hurt.", she whispered, her fingers playing with the little beads of her bracelet. Lelouch slowly let her go and ushered her to the chair where he gently pushed her down into wanting to make her relax as much as possible from the traumatic experience. Walking over to his right, he got a warm wool blanket from his closet and wrapped it around her shoulders. Adelice smiled slightly and wrapped it around her tightly, feeling the warmth of it make her feel calmer.

Adelice turned her head slightly to see what Lelouch had been looking at on the computer. A picture of the tower was seen in the middle of a news article. She quickly turned to him and pointed to the picture. "I was there.", she said. Lelouch balled his hands into a fist, trying to make his acting convincing. "What were you doing there?!", he yelled, making Adelice jumped.

"It wasn't my idea", she quickly answered, turning her gaze away from him. "It was Milly's, she wanted to take everyone out but Suzaku was busy and you were sick... so.. it ended up being a 'girls-night-out' event, as Milly called it."

Lelouch sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "And how did you manage to get yourself trapped there?", he asked, staring at her. "While we were on the train... we got taken hostage.", she said, slowly reaching for the laptop, scrolling the little touch-pad to see what else the article said.

"Why didn't you try to contact me?", Lelouch asked, an anger to his tone. Adelice turned back to him. "Because what good what it have done? You couldn't take out the whole Japan Liberation Front by yourself... why worry you? Even more so when your in your sick condition..."

Silence fell over the both of them as Adelice words still hung in the air. Biting her bottom lip, she whispered, "Euphemia was there." Lelouch's eyes looked back at hers, slightly surprised. "And?", he asked. "She saw me.", Adelice said, frowning a little. "But... I told her that I was happy with my new life, that I didn't want to go back to a high status way of life.", Adelice continued.

Lelouch slowly nodded but didn't pry anymore even though he had an internal burning desire to know what Adelice though of the man "Zero". Asking her flat out though would mean putting some suspicion on him, regrettably he would have to wait till she mentioned him first.