Ch.16: The Truth Pt. 2

"The power I gave him.", a woman's voice spoke makingAdelice jump and turn to the doorway. A woman stood there with asmug expression on her face. Long green hair danced behind her asshe leaned against the door frame. Adelice stared at the woman,completely speechless.

The woman had a white straight jacket on, which made even morequestions pop into Adelice's head. "Who are you?", Adeliceasked, staring at the green haired woman. The woman said nothing andinstead stared at Adelice.

"Her name is C.C. ...or so she tells me.", Lelouch answered,frowning more. "And I thought I told you to keep in hiding.", hesaid sternly, giving the woman named C.C. a glare. "Hiding? She'sbeen living here?!", Adelice asked, getting angrier with every newpiece of information she found out.

Lelouch nodded slowly to Adelice's words and closed his eyes. Things were just not going to go well today. Adelice had basicallyfound out everything and he hadn't had a chance to tell her calmlywhere she could understand his position on the matter.

How on earth was going to explain this to her calmly now? Perhapsshe would be better after she had some time to think about it? Possibly the shock of all the news at once is what was making herupset but after some time to think about it... perhaps she would becalmer and willing to listen to him.

But what if she wasn't? What if she never forgave him? What ifshe left? Lelouch felt his stomach turn. Nausea started to creepinto his body as he thought of Adelice never talking to him again. He couldn't have it. He just couldn't. It would be like losingNunally. He couldn't it. He wouldn't have it.

He would do anything to stop that from happening. Lelouch's eyesfixed on Adelice's as he thought to do something that he wished hewould never have had to do. Pain filled his heart as he thoughtabout using Geass on Adelice.

He could make her forget everything. She would forget everythingshe saw... C.C., the outfit... the mask.. the gun. There would be noneed to fight. She would go back to being like normal. The loving,warm and beautiful woman that she was.

He bit his tongue as he cursed himself for even thinking aboutusing Geass on her. He couldn't bring himself to do it. He wouldhate himself for the rest of his life if he ever did anything likethat to Adelice.

But even so.. as the three of them stood together... he couldn'tshake the feeling that Geass would be the only way out of thissituation. "You don't know?", Adelice said, raising an eyebrow. Lelouch shook his head a little as he was brought out of histhoughts.

"She doesn't really tell meanything.", Lelouch continued, turning back to C.C. who was stilllooking at Adelice. Lelouch turned back to Adelice. "I found herin one of the military trucks. They were transporting her. That daythat I got involved in that mess in Shinjiku.. that's where I foundher and got this power.", he said.

"So you just decided that you weregoing to not tell me for weeks?", Adelice asked, not really lookingfor an answer. Adelice who was just at about her wits end shook herhead. "What power?", she asked again, sternness in her voice. She was quickly losing patience with both of them and was just aboutready to walk out and never speak to Lelouch again.