Ch.1: You're Always Gambling

Disclaimer: I don't own Code Geass. I own my OC

Name: Adelice Attwood

Bio: Full Britannian. Daughter of a late high general.

  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adelice sat crossed legged, lost in her own thoughts of the when she was young. Lost in Nostalgia. How she wished she could go back to those times. It was so peaceful then, or maybe it was just the blissful ignorance of childhood. How I long for the world that used to be...

She drummed her fingertips on the desk in front of her, now all she ever heard was about terrorist attacks and the on-going fighting between Japan and Britannia. She closed her eyes once again. Why did if have to be this way? There was no reason for the killing, it was just needless bloodshed.

Adelice slowly opened her blue eyes pretending to read the paper in front of her. She was so lost in though that a strike on the head startled her. "Wake up! Wake up!", Milly exclaimed, hitting her on the head with a rolled up piece of paper. Adelice laughed a little, batting her hand at Milly to stop. The world around suddenly came back into focus. The girls sitting around her, Nina's fingers drumming against the keyboard and Milly talking and talking about crazy events she had thought up for this year. The poor students wouldn't know what hit them when they found out.

"Honestly Adelice you're just like Lelouch, no wonder you two like each other.", Milly sighed. Adelice smiled, "Just because we both find opportunities to sleep in public does not mean that's the reason we like each other", Adelice said through a giggle. "That's just more the fact of a common hobby".

Milly rolled her eyes and stood at the front of the desk. "I wish you two would pay more attention.", she scolded. "Yes, mother Milly", Adelice said, a smirk playing on her lips. The student council's female members eyes traveled to the door as it opened. "Something to eat, lovely", Adelice said as she stood up from her chair, grabbing a small plate. She sat back down, her stomach growling. How she wished she hadn't of skipped breakfast. She stabbed a fork into one of the fresh apple slices of her fruit salad and looked at Shirley, who was looking out the window. "Where is Lelouch anyway?", she asked.

Adelice shrugged. "I don't know, he told me he was going to be busy this afternoon but didn't tell me what." She shook her head as she plopped a grape in her mouth. "Probably off gambling somewhere, he knows I hate that.". Milly placed a hand on her hip. "Adelice Attwood are you going to let him treat you that way! He's going to get addicted and then you two are going to have problems in-"

Adelice waved her hand at her. "Shush you. It's fine, if he wants to go out gambling with Rivalz then it's fine with me. He asked me to stay with Nunally anyway, so I half expected him to be off gambling." Adelice glanced at Shirley from the corner of her eyes. Shirley looked at the empty chair that Lelouch normally sat at. "They seem to forget that they are part of the student council!", she scolded.

Adelice shrugged again, waving her fork. "I suppose that's just Lelouch's personality.", she sighed. A frown always played across Shirley's lips when Adelice would mention Lelouch's name. She turned her eyes away from Shirley again, there was always a bit of tension between the two.

What could she do though? Adelice cared for Lelouch very much as did Lelouch for her. She couldn't help but feel a little pang of guilt in her stomach. I'm sure it was hard for Shirley to see them together. Adelice frowned a little, it wasn't like she hadn't tried to become closer to Shirley, she had even joined the swimming club in the hopes of befriending Shirley a bit more. Unfortunately it hadn't had much affect. Adelice's eyes traveled out the window. Even if Lelouch had said he wouldn't be there, she was still of course worried about him.