Ch.15: The Truth Pt. 1

"What is that?", Adelice asked, staring at the outfit and maskwith wide eyes. Lelouch quickly walked around the bed and slammedthe suitcase closed. Adelice stayed staring at him with her wideblue eyes. "That's why you didn't want me to pack for you....because you thought I would find this....", she whispered.

"I was trying to protect you.", Lelouch said, turning his eyesup to hers. Adelice crossed her arms over her chest. "Protect mefrom what? The truth?", she asked, anger shooting through hereyes. Why would Lelouch lie to her like that?

Of course she didn't agree with any of this but this was the firsttime that she had ever felt betrayed by him. Angry tears filled hereyes as she crossed her arms tighter over her chest. "So you liedto me?...", she asked, a single tear falling down her face.

The pain in her heart was intense as she looked at Lelouch. "Iwas going to tell you eve-", he started to say. "When?!",Adelice asked, wiping the tear off her cheek. Lelouch's eyes fell alittle, he hadn't expected this strong of a reaction from her. "Whenthe time was right...", he answered back, feeling guilt run throughhis veins like poison.

Adelice rolled her eyes and stared at the now closed suitcase. "How long has this been going on?", she whispered. Lelouch ranhis long fingers through his hair, letting a little bit of it fall inhis face as if he was trying to cover up his shame and his lies. "Since Clovis' death...", he admitted, watching her reaction.

Adelice eyes flashed dangerously. "You killed him...", shesaid shakily as more tears threatened to fall from her watery eyes. "How could you?! I know the man wasn't exactly a saint but... hedidn't deserve to be murdered... much less by you! ...His ownbrother.", she yelled, feeling hot tears fall down her face andonto the floor.

Lelouch stayed silent as Adelice crossed her arms over her chestagain. "...What makes you think you have the right to takepeople's lives into your hands and play 'God'?", she whispered. Lelouch sighed a little and shook his head. "I'm not trying toplay 'God' much less-"

"Yet you killed him ...you knew how upset I was and yet youcomforted me and pretended like you didn't know anything. You wipedmy tears... when you were the one that caused them in the firstplace... and not only me.. Nunally too.", she whispered softly.

----------------------------------------

"Why?", she asked softly. Lelouch stayed silent as he watched more tears fall, a deeper frownforming on his face. "Why would someone do something sohorrible?", she asked, speaking of Clovis. He gently tucked astrand of hair behind her ear. "I don't know.", he whispered.

Adelice wiped her eyes with the backof her hand. "It... It isn't true .. what they saw on the news? That Suzaku killed him?", she asked, her voice cracking a little. He pulled her close and cupped her cheek. "Of course not.

They'll find him not guilty, Suzakuwould never do something like that. They just made a mistake", heassured her, wiping more tears away. She nodded slowly. "I'm gladto see he's still alive...", she whispered, resting her head on hisshoulder as the funeral started.

She couldn't bare to watch as theyspoke kind words about Clovis and showed his coffin adorned withbeautiful flowers. She could feel Lelouch's gaze rest on her as sheclung onto the TV remote tighter, making her knuckles white againwith her strong grip.