Ch.6: Zero's Entrance

Adelice stayed frozen as she watched the television. “I am Zero.”, the masked man said. Whatever this was it had to be a joke, she couldn't believe that one man would stand up against a whole line of military. She watched as Lord Jeremiah lifted his gun and fired it into the air, as he did, more military units dropped from the sky and surrounded the vehicle. Adelice rolled her eyes, typical Britannia, always pushing their weight around.

 The masked man didn't even flinch as they all pointed their guns at him. “Remove that mask”, Lord Jeremiah commanded him. The man slowly lifted his hand to the mask and then lifted his hand into the air, snapping his fingers. Everyone became quiet, you could almost hear a pin drop. Adelice stayed perfectly still, afraid to break the silence. Nothing happened for a few moments and then the back part of the truck came undone revealing a mechanical ball of some sort.

  It seemed to be a device of some sort, what it did was unclear though. There were pipes coming from the top and bottom of it, connected to the truck. The only thing Adelice could think of was that it was a bomb. Did this man plan to threaten to set off the bomb unless Suzaku was released. Perhaps it was one of Suzaku's friends? But who? Who would have the courage to stand up to all of Britannia?

 Lord Jeremiah pointed his gun at the man now calling himself “Zero”. “I purpose an exchange. This for Kururugi.”, Zero said. Adelice felt a wave of comfort come over her. Perhaps this man was going to be able to save Suzaku, she could only hope that was the case as she continued to watch. “Impossible, this man is charged with high treason and the murder of Prince Clovis.”, Lord Jeremiah said, starting to lower his gun a little.

 Adelice winced at the mention of Prince Clovis. She wanted nothing more then to have justice for his death. Whoever killed Clovis should be punished..but she knew without a doubt in her heart that it couldn't have been Suzaku. Suzaku was one of the kindest friends she had, he would never have done anything to hurt anyone.

 The masked men, folded his cape back in. “No, you're mistaken Jeremiah. He's no murderer. The man who killed Clovis was me.”. Adelice dropped the controller on the floor with a thud. She couldn't believe it. This was the man that took her dear friend Clovis away from her but he was also saving Suzaku.

 She didn't know whether to hate him or thank him. He had taken away one friend, it was unforgivable.. but .. if he really was going to save Suzaku... perhaps he wasn't really that bad of a man. She could never forgive him for murdering Clovis but she would also be able to thank him for saving Suzaku.. if it was possible. She watched as the Knightmares loaded their guns and pointed them back at the masked man.

 “Careful, you don't wish the public to know of Orange, do you?”, Zero asked Lord Jeremiah. Adelice raised an eyebrow. Orange? What's that? She watched as the vehicle continued to advance toward Jeremiah. “If I die, it will all go public. If you don't want that to happen then you'll do everything in your power to let us go. Your prisoner as well!”.

 There was silence between the two of them. Again, silence filled the air, no one moved or spoke, then Jeremiah lowered his gun slowly. “Right understood, release the prisoner.” Adelice gasped as she watched this unfold. She never thought Jeremiah would ever agree to something like that so quickly.

 Apparently this “Orange” was something he wanted to keep a secret. She watched as Jeremiah yelled at the guards holding Suzaku to let him go once again, getting angrier as they hesitated. Where on earth was Lelouch, he needed to see this! Other members of the military started protesting as Lord Jeremiah ordered them again to release Suzaku.

 She watched as Suzaku was set free before her very eyes, her mouth hanging agape slightly. He slowly started walking over to the masked man named Zero. Adelice touched a hand to her fast beating heart. You're safe now Suzaku... Thank goodness.. Zero slowly approached Suzaku. “Well then till next time.”, Zero declared and held up a switch, he pushed the red button and the device that had been in the back of the truck started emitting gas from it.