Final: Admission

It had been weeks of dodging Lelouch in the halls. The second she caught sight of him, she had to turn around and walk the other way, even being late for class was an option if that meant that she could just stay away from him but that hadn't been enough.

He had managed to corner her in the courtyard just a week ago. She had dismissed him quickly and ran away. Not wanting to make a scene, he hadn't followed her or called out to her. And again.. yesterday, he had almost got her alone in the council room if it hadn't been for Nina's anti-social behavior.

A shiver ran down her spine. Even though she knew the truth.. no matter how hard she tried, she could not understand how the man she loved had taken such a bad turn in his life. Those once safe and comforting violet eyes had now turned to cold and harsh stares.. at least it seemed that way to her.

"Adelice.", a male voice called to her, making her turn her head. She smiled as she saw it was Suzaku. She hadn't told the others about Lelouch and her situation, she didn't feel like reliving the moment again and again.

She was doing the best to just put it out of her mind. "Have you seen Lelouch?", Suzaku asked. Adelice shook her head slightly and tried to seem honest. Unfortunately from Suzaku knowing her so many years.. he could read her like a book.

"Are you alright, Adelice? Did something happen?", he asked, genuinely worried. Adelice shook her head again and put a hand on his shoulder. "You worry to much Suzaku, I'm fine.", she said, putting on a smile.

"I'll see you in the council room later.", she finished and turned around to continue walking. She would almost be late if she didn't hurry.  As much as she didn't want to attend the classes that she shared with Lelouch, she couldn't just simply not attend them.

She would not let her school be affected by something Lelouch had done. She stepped into the classroom and quickly hurried to her seat. She could feel Lelouch's eyes boring into her back as she walked but she dare not look back at him.

She touched Kallen's shoulder as she took her seat. "Hi", Kallen greeted, turning to her. "How are you feeling? I know yesterday you said you weren't feeling so good.", Adelice said, wearing a gentle smile on her lips. "Much better. You missed Milly's rant yesterday, she was going on and on about how we had to do something 'extravagant' for the Academy Ball.", Kallen said in her frail voice.

Adelice sighed, she had completely forgot about that event. "What does she mean by 'extravagant'?", Adelice asked, raising an eyebrow. She could only imagine what Milly had planned for them. Kallen shrugged.

"Who knows.. she said she would let us know in the meeting today, but at least you don't need to worry about finding a date. For all we know, Milly's twist might be having the girls ask the boys... what a nightmare.", Kallen said, rubbing her forehead. Adelice let out a soft giggle. "That would be horrifying."

Adelice tried not to show a sad expression. She needed to make it seem like her and Lelouch were still in somewhat of a relationship but this did pose a challenge. Who was she going to go with? She couldn't go with anyone else but Lelouch... that was going to be so uncomfortable. All her efforts to keep little contact with him would be down the drain.