chapter eight.

Stiles missed school that next day

His father, still catching up on the sleep he'd missed from his night shift, had slept through Stiles' blaring alarm, just as Stiles had. Therefore preventing either of them from waking up to help the other out of bed.

The Stilinski boys were down for the count, and neither of them had awakened yet to care.

That is until a consistent tapping at his window, caused Stiles' eyes to flutter open. The sunlight felt like flames licking his irises, and his eyes squeezed shut as he lifted a hand to block the Rays.

For a moment he thought he imagined it, but after a moment of blinking his eyes to adjust, Stiles caught sight of a pebble smacking against his window. If this was Scott screwing with him, he was going to kill him. The exhaustion was taking over his brain.

Wincing, he pushed himself out of bed, lazily stumbling over to his window, and pushing it open, just in time for another pebble to fly through, bounce off his abdomen, and smack the ground by his feet. Staring at the pebble for a brief moment he fought the urge to kick it out of his sight.

Instead, he leaned out his window, squinting. It took about 5 seconds for his eyes to quickly widen, even with the Sun's blinding light shining in them. His mouth, falling open in an almost comical manner.

Down below, stood a group of people he never thought he'd see standing together on his front lawn.

Scott, Lydia - Allison, and Issac.

Stiles mouth remained open, and he hardly even blinked, eyes trained on the group in pure shock.

It was evident that they'd all just come from school. Bags hanging loosely over their shoulders, and a wave of exhaustion looming over them that could only be caused by sitting in a desk for hours on end. Something he had avoided by sleeping in.