Part 2: Jacaranda Sports High

Fifteen minutes later and mum and I are pulling up outside the school. I rip my earphones out of my ears and stuff them into the front pocket of my bag.

"I love you mum, see you this afternoon." I say leaning over and kissing her on the cheek.

"Have fun Piper, good luck with auditions." She replies as I hopped out of the car.

"Haha yeah, thanks." I laugh nervously.

I attend Jacaranda Sports High, and today everyone auditioned for school sporting groups. I attend a school that prided itself on both academic and sporting excellence. Luckily I'm pretty good at both.

Gosh I sound really up my self huh? Oh well, I'm absolutely rubbish at art and music.

The kids who are good at those subjects, like my sister Tia go to the Dellwood School of Arts. It's her first day their today.

I walk through the large school gates and past the junior section of the school were I have spent the last three years.

I'm now in year ten and attend the senior section. I see my friends standing around in a circle.

"Hey guys!" I say running up to them.

"Piper, I was just about to text you." My best friend Stephanie pulls me into an embrace. She's a good head taller than me. No surprise there I am way shorter than everyone in my year, probably the year below too.

"Oh god you've grown." I say in mock horror.

"You haven't." Steph ruffles my hair.

"Oi!" I laugh flattening it down again.

"No hug for me then?" My other best friend Clara pouts.

"Claaaaaraaaaa!" I yell tackling her into a hug.

"Your squishing me." She wheezes.

"Aw shit sorry C." I apologise letting go of her.

Clara is quite tall, not as tall as Steph though. She is also rather skinny, not too skinny but she's certainly not muscular. Clara attends Jacaranda High for the more academic side of things, so her lack of strength isn't a problem.

I turn to greet the other two girls in my group, Naomi and Elka.

"Hey Nome, hey El." I says smiling.

"Hey gorgeous." Elka coos kissing me on the cheek.

She's always brimming with confidence, happiness too for that matter.

"You look lovely today Piper." Naomi smiles shyly. As I turned my attention to her.

"Aw thanks, as do you." I replied taking in her outfit.

She was wearing denim shorts and a tight fitting stretchy green t-shirt with embroidered white flowers. It was slightly cropped revealing a section of her toned stomach. I smiled to myself, some of Elka's confidence was rubbing off on her.

Just as I was about to pull out  my phone out to check the time, the bell rings.

"That's us." Elka calls lacing her arm through mine and pulling me along.

"Bye guys! See you after roll call." I yell over my shoulder.

Both Elker and I are in the same roll call as our last names both start with C she's a Chipton, I'm a Clades.