Part 4: Nicknames

Everyone is in the middle of chatting, mainly about what they did over summer break, what they go for Christmas ect ect, when the bell rings.

"Good luck with the netball tryouts." I say to Steph and Elka.

Elka doesn't actually play netball but she's trying out anyway, really she just wants an excuse not to go to class.

"Go smash your audition Piper." Comes the reply. "Oh and I almost forgot good luck Naomi."

"What with?" Naomi looks confused.

"Third wheeling." Elka replies with a smirk.

I felt sorry for Naomi, as cute as Clara and Toby were, I wouldn't want to be stuck third wheeling them for an entire period of English.

I pull out my dairy, and starting walking towards the hall, as each students individual diary has their auditions/tryouts schedule on the first page.

I new I had my dance audition now but I just wanted to make sure. Incase it some how magically jumped off the page. But sure enough written in bold font was. Performance team audition 11:20am, Hall.UG

The UG stood for underground, as under our school hall was a small dance studio with a sprung gymnastics floor making it perfect for the performance team.

"Watch it." An unfamiliar voices growls snapping me out of my thoughts. My dairy falls to the ground. The sheets I'd slipped inside scattering everywhere.

I reach down to pick everything up but someone beats me to it. Looking up I see its one of the footy heads from the year above.

We call them that not because they have heads shaped like footballs, but because they play footy and are incredible full of themselves.

He picks up my diary and the scattered sheets, shoving something in his pocket before looking at me.

I know his name I just can't quite put my finger on it, I think it might be John. Anyway the 'might be John' has two others guys from his year with him. One of them I know, his name is Alex and he's tuning my dance friend Vivian. The other looks familiar but I don't know his name.

"Piper Clades." the John guy smirks, reading my name off my diary.

"Give me my diary back!" I demand.

"Not till we give you a nickname." The John guy smirks again.

"A nickname?" I question "I don't even know you."

"Don't worry it won't be anything like cutie pie or honey bun." This time it's Alex.

"No, I'm sure you save those for Vivian." I say matter of factly.

This earns a chuckle from the mystery guy. There is a sparkle in his hazel brown eyes and I have to admit he has a nice face.

"P. C." The John guy say popping each letter.

I snap my attention back to him. I wasn't staring at the mystery guy was I? I mentally slap myself.

"That could be your nickname." Alex says biting his lip.

"P.C." The John guy says AGAIN "Wait what type of laptop do you have?" He adds quickly.

"What kind of question it that?" I raise my eyebrows.

"What kind of question is that?" The John guy mimics in a high squeaky voice.

"What are you? Two?" I scowl at him folding my arms defensively.

This earns another chuckle from hottie mystery boy. What the frig Piper did you just call him a hottie? The heat must be making me delusional.

"Oh girl's got attitude." The John guy smirks. 

I roll my eyes.

"MacBook air."

"Mac it is then." The John guys grins.

"What?" I nit my eyebrows together in confusion.

"PC is a type of laptop, Mac is their biggest rival and you have a Mac so that's your nickname." Alex states smugly.

"Plus it sounds better than PC." The mystery guy winks at me.

Wait did he just wink at me? Oh my gosh the hottie winked at me. Ugh i called him a hottie again, what is wrong with me?

I could feel a blush creeping onto my cheeks so I decided I had to leave before I turned as red as a tomato in front of them.

I snatch my diary and walk briskly.

"Nice chat but I don't want to be late for my sports tryout." I call over my shoulder.

"With the look of that ass my guess is you're on the performance team" the John guy calls back I could practically hear him smirking.

"You read that from my diary, and stop checking out my ass!" I yell back.

"Bye Mac." They all coo in unison.

"Good luck with her J." I hear Alex mutter.

J must be the mystery guy, but what do they mean?