Part 8: Timetable trouble

I can't believe 'The Football Player Thinks I'm Cute?' Has reached over 200 reads and 30+ votes! Thank you all so very much -Nikki Tide xx

"Tic Tac, have you seen my timetable?" I yell down the hall.

"No,why?" My sister Tia skips into my room smiling sweetly.

"Tia?" I question more threateningly.

"I swear I haven't seen it." She throws her hands up in surrender.

"You sure?" I laugh scuffling her wispy blonde hair.

"You've lost it already haven't you?" She sighs dramatically.

"Maybe." I nibble my lower lip.

"It's the second day of school and you've lost your ruddy timetable." She scoffs.

"Shut up mum." I roll my eyes. Sometimes it's like she's the older sister.

"Look, all I'm saying is you could text your friends and find out what classes you have" she pats my shoulder.

"That's not a half bad idea." I bend down and kiss her on the cheek.

I pick up my phone and am about to call Steph when a text appears.

"Having timetable trouble cutie?" It's from Jacob but how the hell does he know about my timetable.

However the feeling of being creeped out is quickly overridden with happiness. I'm happy because he has actually texted me!

He's just an annoying jerk Piper, calm down. I take a deep breath.

"mac not cutie" is my simple reply.

I then proceed to ring Steph and then Clara to find out a rough idea of what classes I have today.

The bell rings signalling the end of first class I walk out into the bustling hallway.

Someone wolf whistles loudly and I, along with the rest of the people in the hallway turn around to who it was.

The person making the piercing noise happens to be no other than J, he beckons to me with his finger.

I roll my eye but walk over to him.

"Yes?" I question, raising my eyebrows.

"You like your nickname." He says with a smug grin.

"Sorry what?" I knit my eyebrows together in confusion.

He moves closer to me pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"You like being called Mac." He points to my reply to his message this morning.

"I don't, I just prefer it to cutie." I state flatly.

"No." J replies.

"You like your nickname, and I'll tell you why." He takes a step closer to me, making my breath hitch.

"Because I'm the one calling you it." He winks.

"Hah, you conceited jerk." I scoff. "And I don't like it by the way." I add quickly, feeling a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"You do, your blushing!" He smirks.

"Oh my god, shut up." I groan covering my face with my hands.

J places his hands on top of mine and gently peels them off my face.  The simple action sending spark down my spine.

"You look cute when you blush." His voice genuine.

I look up and his hazel eyes bore into mine. I hold his gaze unable to pull away. Electricity buzzes in the small space between our bodies.

"You have beautiful eyes." He mutters almost inaudibly.

I feel my face begin to redden again. J suddenly jumps backs realising what he just said.

"So, I um better get to class." He mutters holding the back of his neck.

"Yeah." Is all I can manage as I turn and start walking away.

"You really so do look cute when you blush." He calls with a chuckle.

"Cuter than you." I throw back.

The whole next class I can't concentrate. All I can think about are J's words and the fluttery feeling they gave me.

I can't be developing a crush on him already.

No.

He's a hot jerk. But a jerk none the less.