Part 14: It's a Date?

Hello lovely readers, this chapter is dedicated to AdventureTimer124 for being such a wonderful, active reader and for coming up with the ship name 'Jiper'  I love it ❤️😂 -Nikki xox

"Everyone wake up." My mum yells.

"Quick,quick,quick!" Dad calls literally banging saucepans together.

I roll over and check my phone: 6am.
Why the hell are they waking us up this early?

Suddenly a wonderful smell fills my nose.

"We made pancakes." My mum says in a sing-song voice.

My parents only make us breakfast when it's someone's birthday. I begin to panic, please tell me I haven't forgotten one of my siblings birthdays.

Being twins Tia and Oliver share the same birthday, shocker right?

I know that their birthday is in winter so it's not them and Matt's just had his birthday so it can't be him either.

I wrap myself in my dressing gown and walk to the kitchen to see what all the commotion is about.

"What's going on?" I grumble as I enter the kitchen.

"Family meeting." Mum chirps.

"Oh."

The last family meeting we had was when Matt had used all the petrol in the car and not filled it up again, trust me it wasn't fun.

"And the pancakes." I add suspiciously.

"It's a celebration." Dad grins wrapping an arm around mums shoulders.

"Well it's clearly not to do with Matt then." I mutter under my breath.

"What was that sweetheart?" Mum asks.

"Nothing." I smile innocently and take a seat at the table.

When everyone arrives mum clears her throat.

"So kids, as you know Oliver has been applying for several science schools."

I look over to Oliver to see him smiling happily.

"And yesterday we found out that he has been accepted into The Victoria Boys School of Science in Melbourne."
My father continues.

"Aw yay congrats Oli." I give him a high five across the table.

"So this time next week, your father and I are going with Oli to look at the school." My mother says proudly.

"'Tia is also coming because she wants to see where Oliver is going to be studying." Dad chuckles.

"It's a twin thing." Tia shrugs.

"That means that the two of you." Mum points between Matt and I.

"Will be home alone for three nights, think you can handle it?" She looks at us expectantly.

"Of course mum." I smile at her.

"Yeah whatever." Matt nods.

"Okay great, now tuck in" Dad gestures to the pile of pancakes.

"You've got school in 50 minutes so eat up." Mum adds grabbing a pancake.