Part 6: An Explanation

Authors note: this fabulous new cover was made by bubblygummii you should all go check her account out :) xx

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding the bell rings, and everyone scurries to pack up their stuff as quickly as possible and head to lunch.

Steph, Clara and I are some of the last people to leave. I'm tossing up whether to tell my two best friends about Jacob O'riley and the Mac incident or not.

I want to tell them, it's just I'm not sure when I'll get the chance. I won't be able to tell them at lunch because I don't want Elka finding out and that means Naomi can't find out about it either. She tells Elka everything!

It's not that I don't trust Elka it's just whenever she finds out one of her friends has a crush she buddies up to the guy to try and get them to like her friend.

The problem is, Elka's confidence and friendliness often comes across as flirting and my last four crushes have ended up falling for her.

I know I shouldn't care whether or not Elka finds out about him. I mean I don't even like him, I haven't even talked to him but for some reason I want to keep him a secret.

"Hey cutie." A voice coos whipping me out of my thoughts.

I turn around to see no other than Jacob O'riley leaning against the wall, arms folded and lips pulled into the slightest smile. He looks like a god.

He's moved from hottie to god status in less than two hours? Piper get a grip!

"I thought Alex said I wouldn't be called nicknames like cutie." I respond. I know not very sassy but whatever.

"Key word being Alex said." He smirks his voice deep and smooth.

"Aha okay." I blurt out.

"Anyway." The might be John guy says appearing from nowhere. Then it clicks his name isn't John it's Tom.

"J wants to ask you something." Tom shoves him towards me.

My heart flutters, but I dig my nail into  my palm and the feeling quickly stops.

"Er umm." J's smooth voice falters and an adorable blush starts creeping onto his face.

"No I don't." He finally manages shooting Tom an icy glare.

"Right." I say trying not to let the slight hurt seep through my voice.

I turn around and start walking away.

"He just wanted to ask for your number." Tom calls after me.

"Well maybe I don't want to give it to him." I call in reply not even bothering to turn around.

I'm not sure why I just said that, I do want to text him and that involves either him having my number or me having his. Good job piper you stuffed that one up.

I take one final glance back at him.

"Sure you do sweet thang." J runs his hand through his hair his expression cool, calm and collected once again.

Him simply calling me sweet thang makes my heart flutter again.

"Piper what was that about? Tell us everything!" Clara and Steph scream excitedly.

"I'm not sure, it was nothing really." I turn to them with a shrug.

"That didn't look like nothing to me." Steph pokes my arm "Did that look like nothing to you?" She turns to Clara.

"No. That looked like a lot more than nothing to me." Clara smirks "You owe us an explanation."

"Alright, Alright." I throw my hands up in defeat.

"I just don't want to tell Elka." I mutter.

"Well, we might just have to take the long route to the hangout." Clara winks.

And so we do, and I explain everything. Only leaving out the part were I think I might be developing a slight crush on him.

I mean my feeling wouldn't be reciprocated. A footy head thinking you're hot and having a crush on you are entirely different things.

Aren't they?