Chapter I

[Edited]

It's funny right, now life can change in a matter of seconds?

Well it happened for me too. But not like in a matter of seconds— it took me like more than fifteen minutes, some serious shouting from mom, and with the sacrifice of my Saturday sleep which is usually way past the breakfast time.

But I am so glad I woke up because otherwise my dear mom would have burned the letter I got. The first letter actually. (I don't think mom was serious about burning it up. I mean, she wouldn't right?)

Turns out it was a letter for me from the Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Insane. I don't expect you—nor do you have to— to believe it in one chance. It took me quite a lot of time.

Want to know another shocker? Turns out my mother is a witch too. She said that she isolated herself (and thus in the process also me) from the wizarding world because it was painful apparently.  She wasn't very clear about the whole matter but said she was sorry was keeping this from me and I quote—" I wanted to tell you about this everyday but I just couldn't bring myself to do it and I am so sorry for keeping this while new world, this whole new reality from you which you are going to be apart of."

So, let me just wrap it up for you,(and for myself), I am a half-blood witch (my father's a muggle) and I will be going to Hogwarts in a few days and to say the fact that I'm excited it just not enough.

I just realised, I have not introduced myself yet. It's Annabeth Rosewood, and no, you cannot call me Beth. That's off limits.

Right now I am reading the standard book of speels: Miranda Goshwak.  It's pretty good, but not the best. Mom did the curtsey and bought the books for my first year yesterday from Diagonalley.
But of course, for the other parts- which includes the wand and the school robes- I need myself to go to the shops. I hate crowded places.

"Annabeth, come down here right at once. How many times more do I need to shriek at the tip of my voice to make you move your lazy bum from that bed?", Mom shouted, which I can only imagine, with her hands in her hips.

Emptying the remaining contents of the packet of chips in the mouth and ran down the stairs and in the last minute decided to give the floor a hug. Hey, even the floor wants some love!

Ok, fine. I just tripped over my shoelace.

"Finally decided to enlighten me with your presence", Mom retorted dryly.

"The pleasure is all mine mother"

"Let's get going now! You can be such a daughter sometimes."

Ungraceful "un-lady like" laughter filled the room ," I know mom, I know. Well how are we going to travel?"

"Disapparate."

"You choose that because I hate it right? You are worse than satan sometimes."

Mom chuckled," Grab hold of my hand."

I grabbed her as per instructions and trust me, the feeling wasn't the one I would like to- revisit. It was like one big agonizing suffocating second of squeezing through a small pipe— and then over. We tumbled in to the ground and regained our balance and steadied ourselves.

"Welcome to Diagonalley."
Forget the thing I said about not liking crowded places, Diagonalley is officially my favourite place.

So, Hello guys. As you can see (if you are re-reading) that I have edited (more like, changed a lot) the chapter but it's just the same. Hope you like it.
—Rue.