Chapter IX

[Edited]

The day started with the warm sunshine streaming through the curtains, shining on the dorms rooms, waking me up from my perfect sleep (Hermione's constant shouting also being one of the contributing factors)

Well, a perfect weather for Quidditch match. There were no classes today, because of the first match of the session between the two greatest rivals of Hogwarts, Gryffindor and Slytherin. Bets were being placed, constant glares were passed between the two house members, and also rumours were floating around that two students of the proud lion and the sly snakes had fought and were currently resting at the hospital wing, and will be serving detentions later. I never thought people took it that seriously. Arriving at the Great hall, I see the Gryffindor table littered with red and gold attire clad students with banners and a lot of other stuff. I also, have painted streaks of the house colours on my cheek for Gryffindor pride. Draco looked smug and like he wanted to murder Harry when he arrived at the great hall clutching his precious Nimbus two thousand in his hands, that he got from McGonagall previously.

"Harry, you need to eat something.", I say for the seventh time (yes, I've been counting. I have a habit of counting things) sighing. I understand he is nervous for his first game, but playing in a empty stomach is not a good idea according to me.

"Ya mate, go on eat something.", Ron repeated, trying to calm his nerves and make him eat something.

"Good luck today Potter", drawled Snape coming and standing behind Harry, "You have proven yourselves against a troll, so a little game of quidditch should be easy for you ,even if its against Slytherin.", he finished and walked away, limping on each step.

"That explains the blood.", Harry turns and tells us in a hushed tone.

"Blood?", Hermione enquires confused. What was he talking about? The blood on his leg that we saw the other day?

"Yes. I think, yesterday when all the teachers went after the troll in the dungeons, he didn't follow them. I suspect he let the troll in the diversion to get whatever the dog in the third floor is guarding", his voice dropped with every word.

"Wow, that's one big conclusion you have drawn there Potter.", I say putting my hands behind my head and bite my upper dehydrated lip.

The Gryffindor team got up and advanced towards the Quidditch pitch for the game, and Harry slowly staggered behind.

I ran up to him, "you're going to be great Potter. And eat this up.", I say smirking and pat his shoulder and hand him half a muffin.

"Thanks Annabeth.", He says smiling and takes the muffin (forcefully) and eat it in front of me.

Students were swarming in the stands, the atmosphere filled with chatters and shouts of encouragement and mocks, mainly by the house that were playing but the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuffs were also there, though majority were supporting the house of bravery. The teams arrived in the field and it seemed the two captain's of the team wanted to break their opponents fingers when they were told to shake hands by Madam Hooch. The Chasers, Keepers, Seekers and Beaters took their positions, the Quaffle was thrown up, and the match had officially begun.

Gryffindor was ahead of Slytherin by sixty points, courtesy to the brilliant skills of the Chasers and their understanding among themselves. Everything was going well, when suddenly Harry's broom went berserk. Harry losing control tumbled off his broom, but somehow did not plummet to his death by clutching the broom and hanging from it. The crowd went all wild in confusion and worry (and happiness from the rivals). Fred and George flew to help him, but the broom just flew further away the closer the ginger twins approached him. They positioned themselves just below the raven haired boy, incase he fell. Hermione seemed to be scanning the crowd and she looked directly at the Slytherin stands. I followed her gaze and settled on Snape who seemed to muttering some kind of mantra under his breathe without braking eye contact. I looked at Hermione and she confirmed the possibility and took off. Minutes later I saw Snape's robes on fire, and utter chaos and finally Harry's broom settled and he climbed up and the game begun again.