Chapter XVI

Annabeth's pov-

After cerfew, it was around eight, when I changed into comfortable clothes and headed to my detention.

I walked my way through the dark and damp corridors until I reached the dungeons and knocked on the potions classroom door.

Professor Snape ordered me to dust and clean all the books in an hour and headed out taking my wand with him. Like, why couldn't the professors just leave our wands with us?

I pulled my jacket tighter over myself and picked up the first book from the topmost rack. Guess this is going to take quite a lot of time.

I was almost halfway done when the great clock of Hogwarts sounded indicating the end of the hour. I washed my hands and dried them on the jeans and waited for a few minutes in anticipation. It was seven minutes past nine when I couldn't wait any longer and found a piece of paper (yes paper, not parchment which I had) and wrote a little note to our dear favourite professor and left the room. I'm pretty sure there a huge chance I will get another detention for that note, but was pretty satisfied with it, except for the fact that I didn't get my trusty wand back.

I walked my way back to the gryffindor common room, surprisingly without encountering any professors or prefects on the way and want up to the boys' room with the intention of waking them up.

I walk into their room wincing as the door creaked slightly and crept towards Harry's bed, "Hey Harry. We—"

"Shh, we are awake Annabeth.", Ron voice came from behind me startling me, "You didn't think we would be able to sleep did you?"

A smile crept unto my face, "C'mon, we have a mission to complete agent Hayd— uh, sorry. I mean, we should go."

They both have me confused looks and ushered me out of the room to get into something warmer for our long night.

Minutes later, Hermione joined us and we checked if we had our wands and etc etc.

"Uh guys a little problem. I don't have my wand, so if I'm in trouble anyone of you gotta save my ass." ,I say tucking my blouse into my jeans.

"What do you mean—" , Hermione starts outraged.

"Oh god, don't start. I'll just punch whoever comes. In the face. Let's get going. Mission abort!" ,I whisper shout taking two steps at a time.

In the way to the door, we meet Neville who tries to stop us, but sadly we had to petrify him and leave him on the cold common room. We exited the room under the invisibility cloak much to the fat lady's confusion when no one was in sight.

Tentatively whilst reaching the third floor, we encountered a few prefect on duty and stopped breathing until we remembered that we were freaking invisible. By this time we concluded that the reason Snape was absent at the dispersal of my detention was because he was already on his way to steal the stone.

We halted in front of the door for a few seconds catching our breath until Hermione whispered clicking the lock open, "Alohomora."

We enter the room as quiet as a mouse under the cloak in fear of waking the three headed beast which would result in us losing our heads when we heard the soft melody of a harp sounding through the room.

"He's sleeping.", We whisper exclaim in realisation.

"Snape's already been here." ,Harry expressed the horrible thought racing through all of our minds, "He's put a spell on the harp."

Fluffy's breathe blew our hair and made the hairs stand up on our skin, making us scrunch our face in disgust.

"We have to move it's paw." Harry states and move towards it under which the trapdoor was trapped. Of course it has to be under it's paw. Just like in the books and movies.