Chapter III

[Edited]

"Oh mom, I'll remember to send letter to you every weekend!", I say exasperated, "ok fine. Everyday", I corrected looking her. I looked around and took in the scene of the platform 9¾ for the millionth time. Everything felt so surreal.

"Don't be naughty. Be a good girl and make me proud.",Mom said just when every other sound was drowned by the loud whistle of the Hogwarts express.

I waved at Mom and boarded the train and mouthed goodbye as the train was ready to depart the station. Leaving the waving parents and younger siblings on the platform, the train began its journey towards Hogwarts.

I peered into compartments and met with varieties of people that can actually exist. Literally. But none of them were of the sort where I could rest my tired legs.

I tightened the denim jacket over my tank top and continued looking for a place when sit when I spotted a spacious compartment. I advanced towards it and halted in front of the door.

"Well,hi", I said when the boy sitting there looked up," Can I sit here? The other compartments are either occupied or even if not that crowed, they are filled with snobby people I don't want to share my breathe with."

The boy smiled, even though it was awkward after my entire speech (which I agree was not a good start for a conversation) and replied, "Ya sure. It's alright. My name is Neville Longbottom by the way."

"Oh thanks. I'm Annabeth. Annabeth Rosewood. And no, you can't call me Beth.", I reply smiling warmly and took a seat opposite to him and for the first time noticed a girl who could literally be swallowed up by the book sitting in a corner. That made me wonder if I looked the same when I was engrossed in a book.

I went to turn back and mind my own business when I suddenly noticed a blue keychain hanging from her little handbag. I looked and Neville and mouthed—who is she?

Neville answered back," Hermione. I think. That's what she introduced herself as, but I'm not sure if I caught her name alright."

My mind started playing gymnastics and I asked "Hermione?"

"Hermione?", I asked a little louder.

"Oh Hello— Annabeth!", She suddenly brightens up,"You? My god, I can't believe we met again."

"Me neither! I never knew you were a witch.", I started getting excited. Trust me, going to a wizarding school is exciting but having a familiar face is way better.

"Nor did I know you were one Anna, so I take it we both are muggleborns?", She suggested.

"Uh, not actually. Turns out mom's a witch. But, Dad's muggle. So, I'm a half-blood.", I reply suddenly felling uncomfortable.

Guess what, Neville cane to the rescue if not with a stupid question.

"You both know each other?", He enquires.

"No dear Neville. I just happen to start a happy conversation with a stranger who i never knew the existence until now. Of course I know her.", Sarcasm is in the blood so I'm not the one to blame.

We were individually enjoying whatever we were doing (which in my case was only converting oxygen to carbon dioxide and blinking) when suddenly Neville's panicked voice broke the silence.

"Trevor!"

"Trevor? You mean your pet toad?", I asked and added when I saw him frantically searching," You can't find him?"

"No! Gran is going to kill me."

I and Hermione offered to search for him and which included knocking on every freaking door and asking if they had seen a damn toad. It was if not anything but embarrassing for me. As for Hermione, I never knew she had this much guts and confidence in her.

Yet again we stopped in front of another compartment and asked the same question. Well Hermione did, "Have you seen a toad? A boy named Neville has lost it."

Harry's POV:

I and Ron were enjoying the heavenly chocolates when our compartment door opened and a girl with bushy hair enquired with an air of bossiness," Have you seen a toad? A boy named Neville has lost it."

Ron looked at me and gave me a "who-the-hell-is-she-and-what-is-she-doing-bossing-around?" Look.

I returned him a "how-in-the-hell-am-i-supposed-to-know?"
Copying him.

"No. We haven't.", I answer and add when I notice the other girl standing beside her, "By the way, what is your name? I forgot to ask that day. It gets tiring referring you in my head as the 'girl of diagonalley'"

She laughed tipping her hand back and replied," Although the 'girl of Diagonalley' has a nice ring to it, my name's Annabeth Rosewood. And no, you can't call me Beth."

We had a little 'not so pleasant with Hermione though​' talk. Hermione was way to bossy and by the looks even Ron agreed with me and even tsk-ed at Ron's poor attempt to perform a spell (which was not actually a real spell, but just given by his brother for a prank.) And also showed off by performing a spell and repaired my broken glasses. And Annabeth, well let's just say she has a sweet tooth. She made herself comfortable and starting eating from out heap of candies. Not that I minded. And again, Hermione freaked out when she heard my name ( but nothing compared to Ron's though) and even Annabeth looked a little surprised and said— I'm so lucky I got the meet the extra overrated in my opinion Harry Potter. I really thought you would be a stuck up a person with that kind of fame. But you're not. We'll be good friends trust me.

"You two should better change into your robes. we would be arriving there soon", said Hermione exiting but not before pointing out that Ron had dirt on his nose.

"When we were young, she once threw a dictionary at- I won't say at my head, but more like at my general direction and this attitude was more disappointing than that.", She said with disbelieve.

"Do you know her?", Ron asks

"Yes, and the time I knew her, she was a very humble person. Maybe she is just trying to fit in with the people of this new world. But, I apologize for her behaviour.", She said thoughtfully.

"You don't have to say sorry Anna—" , I reply, " Wait, can I call you that?"

"Yes. You can."

That's it guys. I edited a lot in this chapter. I hope you like it. Have a good day.
—Rue.