Chapter 27

Harry spend half of his time these days, trying to avoid Lockhart and Colin. Colin seemed to have literally memorize Harry's schedule.

Hedwig was still angry with Harry about the disastrous car
journey and Ron's wand was still malfunctioning, surpassing itself
on Friday morning by shooting out of Ron's hand in Charms and
hitting tiny old Professor Flitwick squarely between the eyes.

We planned on meeting Hagrid Saturday morning but I heard the alarm clock go off at 5:00am.

"Why is the bloody alarm clock ringing at this time!"-I groan and stuff my face in the pillow and use the blankets to shield my ears.

"You have Quidditch practice! Up!"- Hermione shouted.

"Nahhh!"-- I groan--"Tell Oliver that I have a headache."

"I heard that!"-- shouted Oliver from downstairs considering the fact that he can't get up the girls' stairs.

There was a thin mist hanging
across the pink-and-gold sky. We were supposed to meet Hagrid today.

"None of the other teams have started training yet; we're going to be first off the mark this year -"

"Okay Fine"-- I say yawning, stepping into the boys' dormitory --" Now shut up and let's go."

"Where is your Quidditch robes?"-- Oliver asks.

"Do you want me go back and sleep again?"
***
Oliver was expecting us to be at the Quidditch pitch in fifteen minutes. I wanted a bit more sleep but Harry dragged me along.

"Why aren't you in your Quidditch robes?"-- Harry asks.

"Didn't feel like."-- I answer tying my hair into a ponytail.

Colin Creevey came dashing down the spiral staircase, his camera swinging madly around his neck and something clutched in his hand.

"I heard someone saying your name on the stairs, Harry! Look
what I've got here! I've had it developed, I wanted to show you -" Harry looked bemusedly at the photograph Colin was brandishing under his nose.

"OK Harry, did you see all your photos, I'll just go the kitchens"-- I say, not in any mood of hearing Colin's rant--" and meet you at the Quidditch field! Don't be late!"

"Yes"-- said Harry

I went towards the Hufflepuff dormitory and tickled the pear on the painting. A door swung open as the moment I entered thousands of house-elves gathered around me.

"What do you like Anna?"-- Lynx asked me. She is the cutest house elf and loves me!

"Hello everyone! Hey Lynx! Can I get a cup of coffee?"-- I ask holding the hands of two house elves.
***

The rest of the Gryffindor team were already in the changing room when I arrived. Wood was the only person who looked truly awake.

Fred and George were sitting, puffy-eyed and tousle-haired, next to fourth year Alicia Spinnet, who seemed to be nodding off against the wall behind her. Katie Bell and Angelina Johnson, were yawning.

"You're late Annabeth"

"Fine. Then I can just go back and finish my beauty sleep!"

"No, stay."

"Now, I wanted a quick talk with you all before we actually get
onto the field, because I spent the summer devising a whole new
training programme, which I really think will make all the difference. . . ."--Wood was holding up a large diagram of a Quidditch field, on which were drawn many lines, arrows, and crosses in different-colored inks. He took out his wand, tapped the board, and the arrows began to wiggle over the diagram like caterpillars. As Wood launched into a speech about his new tactics, Fred's head drooped right onto my shoulder and he began to snore.
I kept my head over his and closed my eyes.