Chapter XIII

Annabeth's pov-

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon", Harry said as the four of us walked down the corridor with hurried steps, "told me so the first time I met him."

"It's crazy" ,Ron concludes with a 'face', "And worse Malfoy knows."

"I don't understand. Is that bad?", Harry asks confused.

"Oh very....",I trail off feeling my throat drying, staring straight at a livid Professor McGonagall and a Smirking Malfoy beside her. The group followed my gaze and we all just knew—we're screwed.

"Good evening."
- - -

"Nothing", says Professor McGonagall beyond angry, "I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore as punishment for your actions , fifty points will be taken. each."

I choke in astonishment, "fifty?"

"Each", McGonagall reminds, "And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will be serving detention."

Immediately Malfoy's intolerable smirk was replaced by pure confusion, "Excuse me professor, perhaps I heard you wrong; I thought you said the five of us?"

Professor McGonagall's lips were drawn into a thin line, "No you heard me correctly Mr.Malfoy. You see honourable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. you will join your classmates in detention."

And this time, it was my turn to smirk. As they say, all bad things come with something good.
- - -

"I pity they let the old punishments die. Was the time, detentions would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons",said For as if remembering good old memories (which was true for him probably) whilst guiding our way to Hagrid's hut.

"God I miss the screaming"

"Looks like luck is on my side, I wasn't born at those times. Guess you have to survive with us running errands with Hagrid.", I say satisfied with the comeback and let's just say, no more words were exchanged.

- - -
"you'll be serving detention with hagrid tonight",said filch holding his lantern high up showing the way, "He's got a little job to do in the Forbidden Forest."

fyi,
1.The Forbidden Forest is called so for a reason.

2.But, it surely looks fascinating. With the sun shining on the top of our head.

3. At night? Not so sure what to except.

As we approached Hagrid, dry tear stains on his cheeks and his puffy eyes was clearly visible.

"Oh good god, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon are you?" ,Filch groans. Hagrid sniffed a bit.

"Norberta's gone. Dumbledore sent her off to Romania, to live in a colony.", Hagrid answered at our confused faces.

"Well that's good isn't it?" ,Hermione states, "He'll be with his own kind."

Hagrid gave an exasperated look, "But what if she doesn't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to her? He's only a baby after all." Hagrid really would make an excellent parent, of dangerous creatures.

"Noberta? Her?" ,I ask confused, "wasn't his—her— name.....this is confusing. What?"

"Turns out it's a 'her'. Her name is Noberta now. God knows what she is doing......", Hagrid explains.

"Oh for God's sake, pull yourself together man. You're going into the forest after all. Got to have your wits about you." ,Filch sighs in disbelieve .