Chapter XII

We ran as fast we could to Hagrid's to share the new found information. Needless to say, I had to trip at least once.

"Hagrid!", we banged on his wooden door, breathing for air from the long run.

"Hello. Sorry don't wish to be rude but I'm in no fit state to entertain today.",Hagrid stated opening the door, and started closing it again.

"We know about the Philosopher's stone.",four of us chorused, catching his attention and causing him to re-open the door with his gloved hands, inspite of his 'no fit state to entertain' and let us in. The house was boiling hot, and we immediately started sweating, and also there was a pot- boiling something- near his fireplace.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it.", Hermione said straight to the point, and made herself comfortable on one of the chairs.

"Snape? Blimey you're still on him aren't you?",enquired Hagrid surprised.

"We know he's off for the stone , but we don't know why.", I said lowly trying to sneak a peep into the boiling pot.

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone", Hagrid disagreed hotly (literally and metaphorically), "He's not about to steal it."

"What?",asked Harry flabbergasted at the new information.

"You heard right. C'mon now, I'm a bit preoccupied today.", Said Hagrid indicating the end of the conversation.

"Wait a minute!", Hermione exclaimed, "One of the teachers. Of course. There are other things defending the stone. Aren't there? Spells, enchantments."

"That's right", Hagrid said fidgeting, "It's bloody time if you ask me. To get past Fluffy, ain't a soul know how, except for me and Dumbledore.", Realising his mistake he added in a lower tone, mostly to himself,"I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that."

There was some sort of rattling noise coming from a pot above the fire. Hagrid's put his gloved hands in it and pulled out an egg. And the egg was huge.

The egg was huge—as in bigger than any normal sized egg of a normal animal (that can be pet in the house). But this was Hagrid size "Normal and safe".

He juggled the egg from one hand to another unable to hold it for too long, and carefully placed it on th table.

"Uh, Hagrid what exactly is that?", Enquired Harry pulling his eyebrows together.

"Uh, it's a —", Hagrid fumbled for the correct words to explain the situation and the egg.

"I know what that is!", Ron exclaimed arching up his eyebrows and his voice went an octave higher. Hermione furrowed her eyebrows in confusing and astonishment to the fact that Ronald had knowledge of something she didn't, "But Hagrid, where did you get one?"

"What the hell is it?", I enquired. I don't like being left out, "hey! What is it?". But no one answered me.

"I won it.", said Hagrid proudly, "From a stranger I met in the club. Seemed quite glad to get rid of it, as a matter of fact."

We were going to ask more about it, when the egg had our attention and started moving and cracking.

The shell cracked and out came first little legs with claws and also wings.

"Is that a dragon?" , questioned Hermione looking at hagrid with a look that stated, dude, that's an illegal animal we are dealing with.

"That's not just a dragon! That's a Norwegian Ridgeback" Exclaimed Ron and justified his knowledge about the huge dangerous species, "My brother Charlie works in Romania works with these."

"Isn't he beautiful?", cooed Hagrid unaware of the fact that 1.Dragons throw out fire. 2. It will eventually grow bigger than his house. 3. It's freaking illegal. 4. In the name Merlin, he lives in a wooden house. "God bless him, look he knows his Mommy. Hello Norbert."

"Norbert?", Honestly, that's too friendly of a name for a dragon.

"Ya he's gotta have a name doesn't he " ,said Hagrid.

Hagrid tickled the lower portion of Norbert neck and he breathed fire on Hagrid's beard, making me go I to a panic state while He patted down his beard to extinguish the fire.

"He's gotta be trained a bit of course", hagrid claimed on behalf of the dragon, as if we needed to be reminded.

Norbert tried to breathe more fire but none came. Hagrid looked behind us and narrowed his eyes, "Who's that?"

We shifted turned out heads only to see the last end of a disappearing pale blonde hair. Of course, who could miss that pathetic hair?

"Malfoy.", Harry hissed.

"Oh Merlin, looks like we're in for trouble. Mariana Trench sized trouble.", I added bitting my inner cheek.

Fact about me—i hate Malfoy. Wait, guess I already mentioned that.