Chapter VI

[Edited]

A yawn escaped my lips for god knows maybe the millionth time as I copied the notes that Professor McGonagall gave us to take down. Trust me, I would have just slept on the table if Professor wasn't looking as everyone with her cat like eyes. And by 'cat like' I mean cat like, because she was in her animagus form. And it was creepy.

Minutes later (exactly after ten minutes that class had started. And mom said I'd be the last one to the class) Harry and Ron ran into the class and stood panting.

"Phew! Made it. Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?", Oh god, Ron just did not say that.

As if in cue, McGonagall jumped from her table and transformed back into human and stood in front of them with lips drawn in a thin line.

"That was bloody brilliant", Ron exclaimed.

"Thanks for the compliment Mr. Weasley. It would have been better if I would have transformed you into a watch. Then one of you may be on time ", McGonagall stated sternly.

"We got lost", spoke up Harry for the first time since he came inside.

"Then perhaps a map", answered back McGonagall. That woman might be old, but she's got it alright," I trust you don't need time to find your seats "

The rest of the class was uneventful. We had to turn our matches into needles, and by the end, Hermione (and also me) were the only successful ones.

After transfiguration, we had potions in the dungeons with the Slytherin's. They dungeons looked more depressing than the funeral of the Prince. First thing Snape did was embarrassed Harry to the point where his face couldn't get red anymore. He absolutely hated Harry for some reason. And lets not forget, I'm also on the list. He seemed to enjoy every moments he could get to criticise my doings (which weren't many as I'm a pro in potions. I love potions, it's just that I have a strong hatred towards the teacher). He also literally humiliated Neville at every chance he got. See something in common? We all are gryffindors.

After 'pitiful potions', we had our first flying lesson, though the presence of the Slytherin's made it less cheerful. From the moments mom introduced me to Quidditch I've been mesmerised by it. I really wanted to be in the team, but first years don't have the privilege. Fortunately, Harry seems to be a lucky lad. Credits to Malfoy, Harry was made seeker of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. To say I wasn't jealous of him, would be a lie. But I swore to myself, if I can't get in the team next year, I'm quitting Hogwarts. (Okay, I'm not doing that)

"—but will turn up in a month or so", Fred and George shouted as they turned round the corner.

I and Hermione were catching up to the studies and homework, when Harry and Ron walked past us talking about Quidditch.

"I've never played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?", Harry enquires worriedly.

I collected my books and ran into them and Hermione right behind me.

"You could always refuse the position and instead opt for the detention that McGonagall would give you", I say smirking.

"Besides, you won't. It's in your blood.", Hermione adds in her usual 'know it all's manner. Harry and Ron gave each other sceptical and confused looks.

"Come. I'll show you", I said and that followed. I and Hermione were roaming around the school when we stumbled upon the trophy room.

We showed them the trophy which had 'James Potter: Best seeker' engraved on it.

I scanned the room again when I spotted at a corner, 'Cassiopeia Jones: Most scoring chaser'.  Maybe Ollivander did not recognise mom because her last name was Jones before marriage; but I felt a bubble of happiness seeing the trophy.

Hey guys. How are you all doing? Well, have a good day. And do like and also comment and express your views and point out any mistakes and I would rectify them.
—Rue.