Chapter Three

"Who's number is that?" Emma asks me.

   I stand in Zackys kitchen, with the phone number Hank gave me last night.

  "A guy named Hank I met last night." I say and look to her.

  "Oooh well was he attractive?" She asks, grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge.

  "I guess." I shrug. I honestly don't know what to do. If I want to call him, and try it again. Or if I want to throw away the number and never think about him again.

  "Well are you gonna call him?" She asks almost as if reading my thoughts.

  "I don't know, I mean I guess I could. It could help to get my mind off of Matt." I say and she nods, but her eyes widen to the size of flying saucers. behind me. Oh shit.

  I whip around, to see Brian standing in the doorway to the kitchen, one of his eyebrows arched. A glass of beer in his hand. I knew it was only a matter of time before one of them found out.

  "What about Matt?" He asks, stepping closer to me and I try to swallow down the lump in my throat.

  "Nothing, nothing." I say and I can feel myself already sweating nervously.

  "Oh no no no no no. You're not telling me something, are you?" He asks, setting his beer glass on the counter.

  "I don't know what your talking about." I say, rubbing my arm and heading to the fridge.

  "Steph. I know when your lying, you always rub your arm and find a way to hide your face." He retorts and I close my eyes sighing.

  His eyes widen. "You like him don't you! You like-" he's about to say but I rush over to him, and cover his mouth.

  Thank god I did, because right at that moment, Matt walks into the kitchen.

  "Likes who?" He asks taking a sip of his beer. I look at Brian, pleading him not to say anything if I release my hand, and I look to Emma wishing I could shoot daggers out of my eyes to threaten her.

  "No one." I say, slowly taking my hand away from Brian's mouth, revealing a oh so punchable smirk plastered on his face.

  "Uh huh,well if you weirdos wouldn't mind I would like to get another beer." He says and heads over to the fridge, grabbing another beer.

  "Oh and Steph, you gonna call that guy from last night?" He asks before he heads out of the kitchen.

  "No." I reply, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

  He shrugs his shoulders, and walks out of the kitchen. I look to Brian and Emma, and take a huge sigh of relief. But now Brian knows.

  "Bri you can't tell anyone." I say to him sternly, tears forming in my eyes.

  "I won't I won't. I promise Steph. But how long have you liked him?" He asks me.

  "Since Zacky met him." I say quietly, and Brian chokes on the sip of beer he had taken.

  "Jesus fucking Christ Stephanie!" That's a long time!" He yells, wiping the beer off his face.

  "Ssshhh Bri Jesus. I know I know, but I just can't stop liking him." I say sadly, and look at Emma eating a donut. That girl always has good.

  "Well he probably likes you back." He says and I cross my arms rolling my eyes.

  "Best friends always say that to each other about their crushes whether it's true or not. I know he doesn't like me Brian."