Chapter Eight

It's been exactly one week today since Matt and I have been dating. Everyday is still like a dream come true. Emma keeps telling me that she told me so. Everyone says Matt seems much happier since we've been dating.

  I roll over in bed so that were face to face,and I smile as he's still fast asleep. He hasn't told me he loves me yet,which is pretty disappointing. Emma tells me all the time he's probably just waiting for the right moment.

  I get that we've only been dating for one week,but we've known each other for so long I figured he would've said it by now. But oh well,I'll wait however long I need to.

  I kiss the top of his nose,and he wiggles it like a little rabbit. He slowly opens his eyes,and smiles when he opens them fully.

   "Good morning sleeping beauty." I say and he chuckles,but I feel my heart stop when I remember something.

  I don't have any makeup on,before he fell asleep last night I took it all off. I still haven't let him see me without makeup,and I don't actually plan on it.

  I fling the sheets off my in panic,and rush as quickly as I can to the bathroom and lock the door behind me.  I pull out all my makeup,and start to do it.

  I hear a small knock on the door and then Matt's voice,"Stevie what's wrong are you okay?"

  "Yeah....yeah I'm okay I'll be out in a few minutes." I say and I hear him walk away.

  When I'm done I step back into my room,and see Matt sitting on the edge of the bed,and when he sees me he heads over towards me.

"You okay?" He asks and brushes my cheek with the back of his hand,and I nod in response.

"You did your makeup." He says and I nod.

  "Why?" He asks and I shrug.

  "I feel insecure and ugly without it and I don't want you to see me without it." I say and a look of sadness washes over him.

  "Stephanie your so goddamn beautiful,but I've wanted to see you without makeup since we were 15,you always put makeup on everyday once you turned 15,and you never took it off around me. I bet your 10 times more beautiful without it." He says and I shake my head and look away.

  "No I'm not Matt I look horrible." I say and hug myself,wiping a tear away from my eye.

  "Stephanie please take it off." He says and hugs me from behind but I push his arms away.

  "Not today Matt please drop it." I snap and he nods.

  "Okay,I'm sorry I don't want to argue or fight with you I'm sorry." He says and looks away from me and I sigh,wiping my hair out of my face.

  I grab some cloths for the day,and head into the bathroom to change. I haven't gone without my cloths in front of Matt,and I don't plan to. Yet.

When I get back out of the bathroom,Matt's dressed too and I stare blankly out the window.

"Stephanie,what's wrong are you okay?" He asks me as he walks up to me.

"Huh yeah I'm fine." I say which is a total lie,but I force myself to smile too.

"Promise me?" He asks. Dammit.

"Promise." I reply and kiss his cheek. I hate lying to him,but I just don't feel like having him worry over me and feel sad about me.

"So what do you want to do today?" I ask changing the subject,flopping down on the bed and stare up at the ceiling.

"We could go to the beach,or to Zackys where everyone else is, or we could go see a movie." He says.