Her.

5:

Exchanging Numbers

"Text me, okay? I'll see you later."

It's been a two weeks since I've started at a new school and I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like I've been here longer than that. I was currently listening to Remembering Sunday by All time low in Calculus with my head down. I felt someone nudge my shoulder causing me to sit up quickly. I removed my headphones from my ears, looking around tiredly to see Michael with a grin on his face as he sat down next to me.

"Hey." I smiled before stretching my arms.

"You listen to All time low?" He smiled.

"Surprising, right?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, I mean no. You meant that as a racial joke didn't you?" He frowned slightly as I laughed. "I meant like a lot of girls here don't like them or listen to them so, that's why I was surprised."

"What girls have you been talking to?" I smiled. He smiled back and turned.

I stared at him causing him to shake his head laughing. I paused my music and took out the end of my headphones out of my phone and wrapped them around my finger before shoving them into my backpack. I know they're just going to get tangled the next time I take them out, but it didn't bother me.  I turned back around to face Michael to find him already staring at me with a weird look on his face.

"What?"

"Nothing.. It's just I know something, but I can't tell you." He smiled widely turning his head.

"What? Mikey you can't do that. You can't just say you know something then say you can't tell me." I crossed my arms over my chest pouting.

"That's not going to work with me Luke does it all the time." He laughed.

I groaned uncrossing them and laying my head back down on my arms. I don't know why, but I absolutely hate it when people begin to tell you something and then just say never mind. Who the hell started that? I heard Michael chuckled to himself making me even more mad then I already was to begin with this morning.

Jeremiah just had to act an ass towards dad again and basically made him feel like shit. So, I offered to pick him up after school since dad has to attend a meeting for work. I should just leave his ass to walk, but I'm not that mean, plus it's fucking freezing today and if he left me I would be beyond pissed.

The bell rang causing me to stand up out of my seat and out the door before everyone else. I quickly opened my locker and just placed my backpack inside and grabbed my helmet as I made sure I had my keys and phone with me. As I was about to start heading out I heard my name being called just as I closed my locker shut. I turned around to see Calum walking faster towards me and Luke following slowly behind him.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Jay, how's it going?" Luke asked smiling wide also.

I sighed before placing a strain of my hair behind my ear. "Hi guys."

Calum gave me a concerned look as he looked me in my eyes. It was weird how he made me his center of attention. I've never had a guy do that for me before. "You okay?"