chapter 1

(LILYS POV)

I woke up to the sound of gentle rain tapping on my window. I took a deep breath and rolled over trying to fall back asleep. I tossed and turned but I just couldn't fall asleep. I slowly reached out for my phone to check the time, it was 5.48am. After a few minutes of just laying in my warm cozy bed, I stretched and made my way to the bathroom.

I turned on the bathroom light and let my eyes adjust. I turned on the warm water of my shower and opened the shower door. It was 6am when I finished my shower so I had to pick an outfit for the day. I slowly walked back into my room softy opening my cupboard doors. It was pretty cold today so I chucked on a pair of black ripped skinny jeans with an olive coloured hoodie.

By the time I had finish getting ready for school it was 5 minutes before Allison and Malia arrived to my house. I chucked on a pair of my black converse and grabbed my phone and bag. I heard a light knock at the door. I walked over to my front door hoping I didn't forget anything.

I only lived 5 minutes away from school, so the girls and I walked to school everyday. We reached the front gates and I had English first with Allison and Tyler. (Allison's boyfriend) The roaring sound of the school bell rung as we headed off to class.

It was the last day of school and everyone was acting crazy. I walked into class with Allison as we made our way to our seats at the back of the class. Tyler and Allison were talking about there plans for the weekend. I looked out the window of the class room to see raindrops covering the glass.

I felt a cool breeze reach my back and I shivered. I had been zoned out for a few minutes with Allison tapping me on my left shoulder asking if I was okay. I nodded slightly,  when I received a message from Colton.

Colton: hey Lily, me and Malia are going away for the weekend you should come?

Me: nah, I'll pass thanks

Colton: why not? it will be fun

Me: I don't want to be third wheeling

Colton: You won't, Allison and Tyler are coming

Me: oh great, that's a good way to remember I have no boyfriend

Colton: Dylan said he would come

Me: oh great Dylan

Colton: what's wrong with Dylan?

Me: um just for the simple fact I don't like him but whatever

Colton: come on

Me: fine

Colton: GOOD, we will pick you up at 6am tomorrow be ready!

The day went really fast. It's the last period and I have maths. ew. I walked into class and there Dylan was giving me a cheeky smile. I went and sat in my usual seat in the middle behind Dylan. He turned to me and said "You should actually wear some decent clothes" and this is why I don't like Dylan. "Oh shut up Dylan" I replied. He turned and faced the front of the class room.

The bell rung and everyone rushed out of class. I was the last person out of class like usual. I was on my phone while walking when I ran into Dylan. "Watch where your going Lily" Dylan said with a cheeky grin. "Oh go away obrien"

"Hey Lily" I heard Allison saying behind me. "Did Colton tell you were going away for a few weeks?" "Yes" I replied. I took out my books from my locker and started to walk home. I was walking home when it started to heavily rain. I heard a loud honk of a car so I turned around to see Dylan in his jeep.

He told me to hop in so he could take me home but I refused. I already have to be in a car with him tomorrow for 23 hours. I told him that I was fine to walk but he wouldn't take no for answer. I hopped in his jeep and there was an awkward silence. He pulled up at my house and dropped me off. I said thank you and he just smiled.

I walked into my cottage styled home soaking wet. I jumped in a quick shower and put a sweatshirt on. I jumped in my warm bed and checked through Netflix. I fell asleep listening to the rain drizzling on my roof. I woke up to a thunderstorm. It was 5am and I realised I had to pack my things.

I heard a knock on my door, it was Tyler. He helped me with bags and I put my uggies on and locked my door. Tyler opened the boot of the car where I put all my bags. Colton was driving and Malia was in the passenger seat with Tyler and Allison in the middle. I was in the back with Dylan but he was asleep.

It was still thundering and freezing. I pulled my throw rug up to my neck and was looking at the rain hit the car window. I started drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

hey guys, I hope you liked the first chapter. what are your guys thoughts on the first chapter???

- casey jade