There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (32)

All I could make out was white. That was all I was surrounded by, and I didn't understand what was going on. Where was I? Why was there white everywhere? How could I just be standing in the middle of a white abyss?

"Jordan," I heard, and I whipped around to see who was talking to me. Alexandria was standing there, smiling at me sadly.

Confused, I looked around the white nothingness that we were surrounded by. "Where are we?" I asked, continuing to look around in confusion. "Am I dead?"

"You're not, Jordan," she continued to smile, her fingers laced as answered me. "But I am."

"You are?" I asked, my eyes going wide. "How?"

She continued to smile sadly. "You'll remember shortly."

"Remember?" I asked, taking a step closer to her. "What do you mean? What happened?"

"You'll remember soon," she nodded, waving my away from her now with a smile. "Now, go. Wake up. Go before more people worry about you."

Not understanding what she was talking about, I took a step away from her anyway. I then, for a reason I didn't even know, uttered, "I'm sorry, Alexandria."

She smiled at me. "It's okay, Jordan. I forgive you."

But for some reason, I felt like I'd never be able to forgive myself.         

When I tried to open my eyes, I found myself not able to. I wanted them to open, but they just wouldn't. Even though my eyes were shut tight, I still knew I was surrounded by light. It wasn't as white as wherever I had been before, but it was still annoying bright. Was I in heaven? What happened...?

As I forced myself to open my eyes, I let a deep moan escape my throat. Why did my body hurt so much? Why did it hurt so much to move only a little bit? What had happened?

The first thing I saw when I could finally focus was a messy mop of blonde hair. At first I thought it was Lexi, but her hair never got messy like that. And her hair wasn't that short...

I reached out and patted the blonde mass, which was lying next to my arm on what I guessed was a mattress. I started to pet the blonde mess that stayed still beside me, and I assumed that it was a cat or something of the latter. I couldn't really think of anything else it could be...

"Kitty," I mumbled, continuing to pet it.

When the blonde mop began to laugh, I pulled my hand away from it. My eyes half open, I could see it rising up from the mattress to reveal a face that was somewhat familiar to me.

"I think you're delusional," Alex chuckled slightly, patting my hand as it now lie on the mattress. "No one's ever mistaken my hair for a cat before.

"Where am I?" I asked groggily, ignoring what he said about the cat thing as my eyes stayed closed. "What happened?"

Alex suddenly got serious. "You don't remember?"

I tried to blink my eyes open once again, but I found my eyelids too heavy to. Why could I barely move everything? Why was I in such a white room?

Suddenly, everything came flashing back to me. My eyes suddenly snapped open, but I luckily ignored the pain and didn't even feel it. I k new exactly where I was, and I knew exactly why I was there as well.

I was in a hospital, and Hunter had put me there. And the reason I had apologized to Alexandria when I had seen her earlier was because I was the reason she was dead...

And now I knew why I'd never be able to forgive myself.

"Where's Jesse?" I demanded, propping myself up on my elbows before letting out a shout of pain and falling back onto the bed, hurting so much that I couldn't even move an inch. Why did it have to hurt? Why did my entire body have to ache so much...?