There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (34)

"You can come into my room, you know."

"I'm not really sure about that. Are you sure you're not going to sexually assault me again?"

"No promises."

Jesse rolled his eyes at me, still standing outside my hospital room. Wow, he was such a baby. He teased me all the time! Couldn't I just have some fun and do it myself? Apparently I couldn't, which just wasn't fair. He couldn't have all the fun all the time!

I knew he didn't want to be tortured again like he had the day before, but then again I knew he was trying to be funny as well as he continued to stand outside the door, where he knew I couldn't reach him. Actually, he could have stood a foot away from me and I still probably wouldn't have been able to grab him. I was still way too weak for anything like that...

Before I could say anything else to him, he walked into the hospital room before closing the door behind him. He plopped down in a chair next to me, eyeing me warily. So it looks like I couldn't tease him today... Too bad. That was just too much fun.

"I'm not going to attack you or anything," I informed him flatly, crossing my arms over my chest as I pouted. This was so unfair. I wanted to kiss him. Was he even going to let me do that? I had a feeling that he wasn't going to let me. "And I wouldn't even call it sexual assault."

Jesse smirked at me. "I would."

"I only kissed you," I defended, trying my best to sound innocent and sad like a child. "I'm your girlfriend, aren't I? I can't kiss you?"

"Your hand went down my pants," Jesse reminded me, in case I had somehow forgotten. "You tried to grab me there. I wouldn't call that just a kiss."

It annoyed me a little that Jesse didn't want to go any farther than just kissing with me. Yeah, I was sore and hurt right then, but I could go a little farther than just kissing. And ever if we were in a hospital, we could have gone a little farther than kissing. We hadn't even had sex yet! I'm sure all of my friends had already done it with their boyfriends... I couldn't help but feel bad about myself about it.

I really hated to admit it, but Alex's words were getting to me. He had made fun of us for not sleeping together before, and now I was really annoyed. I wanted to know why we hadn't done it yet when we had plenty of opportunities in Cabin B.

"Maybe I want more than just kissing," I informed him childishly, my arms still crossed over my chest. But I was still being truthful. I wanted to go farther with Jesse Jacobsen. "Maybe I want to go farther."

Jesse's eyes widened ever so slightly, and I knew I had caught him totally off guard. He wanted it too, didn't he? What if he didn't want to? He was a guy, wasn't he? Wasn't that all guys thought about? Why wasn't he all over me? It was ridiculous! What was his problem?

"No, Jordan," Jesse shook his head at me, pushing the chair away from me just a little.

"Why not?" I demanded, throwing my arms into the air and ignoring the slight pain I felt. The pain I was feeling in my heart right then hurt even more, as cheesy as that sounded. "Why don't you want to do it with me? Am I not pretty enough? Do you not think I'm going to be as good as other girls you've been with before? Honestly, Jesse, I didn't think you were that shallow!"

"I'm not shallow," Jesse sighed, rolling his eyes at me as he crossed his arms over his chest. "And that none of those are the reason why I'm saying no. I'm saying no because you're not ready."

"And how am I not ready?" I demanded once again, my voice cracking ever so slightly. I wasn't going to cry, but my throat felt dry for a reason I didn't know. "I think I'm ready! Isn't that enough?"