Chapter 4

I woke up and he wasn't there. I panicked, searching for him, but he wasn't in the room. Where was he?

"Jay!" I shouted as loud as I could with my hoarse voice.

Jay ran into the room, carrying two plates of pancakes. "What's wrong? What happened?" He sat on the bed next to me.

"Y-you left me."

He pulled me into a hug. "Only to get food for us. I'll never leave you again, I promise."

I flashed a smile and he beamed. I took the plate from his hands and forced the pancakes down. Jay looked proud of me, which was more than enough to make me feel happier.

"What do you need? Are you tired? Hungry?" he asked, concerned.

I thought about this. I needed him. His comforting arms. His smile. His laugh. His eyes. His curls. I needed him with me. It was the only thing that could keep me calm.

Why?

He's like a brother to me and he's my best friend, I told myself.

The voice inside my head said, we both know that's not quite true.

I shook my head, clearing it of these thoughts. I looked up into Jay's eyes. They were such a bright blue, they overwhelmed me. Like an ocean, pulling me in...

"Nathan? You okay there?"

I drifted back into focus. Jay looked concerned.

I tried to smile. "Yeah. Just tired, is all."

He took out empty plates and walked towards the door. "Get some sleep, Nath."

I tried to sleep but I found my insomnia returning. I called for Jay and he came running up.

"I can't sleep," I confessed.

Jay sat on the ground in front of my bed. He ran his fingers through my hair and caressed my cheek. I loved his touch. Gentle and soft.

"Shh, Baby Nath, go to sleep."

He started singing quietly. I loved his voice.

I found myself falling asleep. Just before I lost consciousness, I felt a pair of lips touch my cheek.

{A/N Sorry it's short! I know you all want to get to the Jaythan part. Trust me, I'm getting there. :) thanks for reading! Xx ~Pickles}