Chapter 9

"Go away," I growled at whoever was there.

Someone slipped inside and closed the door. They laid next to me on the bed.

"Go away!" I said, louder this time. I rolled over to look.

It was Jay.

His hands were suddenly on my face. He was leaning closer, closer, closer...

I pushed him away. "You're drunk! You don't know what you're doing! And you were with a girl, Jay! What happened to her?"

"Girlsskone," he slurred. "I wanddyaa nayvuhnn."

I shoved him off the bed. "Get off!"

He landed with a thud and started storing. I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't.

Drunk Jay wanted me. Did Sober Jay still want me?

By morning, Jay was still in my room. I needed to get up and get food. I stood and walked to the door, then turned around.

Jay was still asleep. He looked so cute and peaceful. All of the hard lines and weariness was removed from his face. My heart ached again.

"Stop it," I muttered to myself. "Just go."

I couldn't.

I lifted him up onto the bed and tucked him in. Then I left.

The boys came to the kitchen around lunch time. They were all holding their heads, except Siva.

Laughing quietly to myself, I gave them all water.

"Nathan, why was I in your room last night?" Jay asked.

I smirked. "Why Jay, don't you remember?"

"No."

I leaned back against the counter with my tea. "Well, you came into my room last night and said you wanted me, then tried to kiss me."

His face froze. The boys laughed as he turned red.

"I-I'm sorry," he stuttered.

I waved him off. "Relax, Bird. You were drunk. It's fine."

He stared down at his water for the rest of the conversation.

Once everyone else had left the room, Jay grabbed my arm to stop me from leaving.

"What?" I asked, heart racing.

He stood and faced me. "Nathan. I was drunk last night. But I meant that. I do want you."

My heart skipped a best as I looked at his eyes. Behind the blue was a glimmer of hope, of anxiety, of love.

"Jay," I whispered.

"Who is it? The man you have your sights on?"

I shook my head. "Jay-"

"I need to know!" he cried, gripping my wrist tightly.

I almost wished someone would come in and help me. I panicked. If he knew, things would definitely go wrong.

"Nathan. Nathan! Answer me!"

My blood rushed in my ears. My heart battled my brain and won.

I kissed him.

I pressed my lips to his. They were soft and sweet, though they tasted slightly of alcohol.

Jay released his grip on my arm as he returned the pressure. He moved his hands behind my head and pulled me to him.

I groaned as our bodies touched on every point. I could feel his heat mixing with mine. I laced my fingers through his curls and clutched him to me, giving in to the animal instinct. I felt as though I would explode with the lightning inside me. Cheesy pun intended.

He pushed me against the wall and put his hands on my chest. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Whoa," a voice said.

We sprang apart, breathing heavily and looking for the source of the voice.

It was Nareesha. She stood frozen in the hallway, staring at us.

"Sorry," she mumbled before carrying on her way.

I smiled at Jay. He smiled back.

"So," I coughed.

"What happened to not wanting to ruin the band?" Jay asked.

"I don't want to! But I'm not sure if I want to hide my feelings anymore. I can't let the one I love slip from my fingertips because of homophobes."

Jay pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm happy we're finally together."

I smiled against his chest. "Me too."

{A/N what do you all think so far? :) Comment please and tell me what you think. This is NOT the last chapter, there WILL be more. Thanks again for reading. :) ~Pickles}