Chapter 18

As soon as possible, Jay took me back home. I was more than happy to be back in my own bed.

Max practically suffocated me with hugs. "I'm so sorry Nathan. I didn't meant to cause all this. I'm so so so so so so sorry."

I told him it was fine, because it was. I couldn't hate him.

They were making me take pills, but they weren't bad. They actually helped with my headaches. However, there were two things that didn't go away: I still got hate and I still didn't want to eat.

I sat on the couch and opened twitter. I had gotten a ton of messages asking about my welfare. I tweeted, "I'm home now. Don't worry, I'm good :) xx"

People immediately replied. A lot of people said things like, "Yay Nathan's okay!" "Thank God!" "I love you, I hope you get better!"

I saw others too though. "Why couldn't he just have died?" "Ugh the fag lives." Things like that.

I couldn't help it; I started crying again. Jay rushed over to me and held me tightly.

"What's wrong Nathy?" he asked.

"They wanted me to die," I replied, nestling my head into his shoulder.

"Don't listen to them. Everybody else loves you. We would be lost if you died."

I clung to him. It felt like if I let go, I would be swept away.

Another one of these problems happened in the kitchen. I sat at the table as Jay opened the fridge.

"What do you want, Nathy?" he asked, rummaging through our selection of food items.

I shrugged. "Not hungry."

"You have to eat something. How about toast?"

"Fine."

When he finally set the toast in front of me, I freaked out. My stomach flipped at the sight of something edible. I gently pushed the plate away.

"Nathan," Jay warned. "Eat."

I took a tiny bite. My stomach threw it right back up onto the plate. I retched, reaching for water.

Jay let out a little laugh. "Déjà vu."

"What?" I asked.

"Remember the last time you locked yourself away? When I gave you food, you vomited on me."

I blushed and looked down. "Sorry."

"No it's fine. I think that's when I knew I loved you."

I looked up and met his blue-eyed gaze.

"You threw up on me and I realised I really didn't care. All I cared about was making you feel better. If that meant vomit, it meant vomit. I realised I would do anything for you."

I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist. His body was warm and comforting. I took a deep breath, inhaling his scent. "Say it," I whispered into his ear.

"I love you," he replied, leaning in for a kiss. I tilted my head up and closed my eyes. His lips tickled mine, lighter than a feather. He pressed down on me and put his hands on my waist. I kept this kiss slow and soft.

"You could have anyone in the world, but you chose me?" I asked before kissing him again.

"Nathan, babe. It was only ever you."

A crashing noise sounded from behind us. I pulled back and looked in the direction of the noise.

"Siva, you blundering idiot," Max hiss-whispered.

"Sorry!" the tall Irish boy said. "It was Tom's fault, he bumped into me!"

"I was trying to get a better view!" Tom complained.

They kept on arguing.

"Guys," I said finally. They fell silent and looked up at me. "Why were you watching us?"

They looked at each other briefly before running and tackling me with hugs. "We're really glad you're doing better," Siva said as Jay joined in.

"Jay is the perfect person to help you through this. He's doing a great job," Max added. "Once again, I'm really sorry. You two are the perfect couple. Love is love, gay or not."

I hugged them all back tightly. "Thanks boys." With my four best friends around me, the room was filled with love and support. I had an epiphany.

There are always going to be people who don't like you, even if you are the kindest person on earth. You just have to surround yourself with the people who care about you. With them by your side, you can do anything.

{A/N Haaaaay guys! How is everyone? :) Feedback in the comments please! I have a goal set for you guys before I upload the next chapter. It's kind of pushing it, but I think we can do it. 2.5K reads? That's like 400 more than right now. Can we do it? :) So 2.5K or 150 votes total. Thanks for reading, as usual! Xx ~Pickles}